Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Picked up some security boxes for my Gs. Not so much for theft, although they appear pretty sturdy but to keep the squirrels from chewing on them and a little protection from the elements.

Attachments

• BFBE2A1D-0358-440D-BC19-50FA063ECEF7.jpeg
    BFBE2A1D-0358-440D-BC19-50FA063ECEF7.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 42
Is there any timeline for the new dual cell camera to hit stores like Cabela's? I have a gift card waiting to be used .

Is there any timeline for the new dual cell camera to hit stores like Cabela's? I have a gift card waiting to be used .
Dual cells are available now but as to when they will hit Cabelas stores is entirely up to Cabelas. I would contact their CS and they may be able to get you a date. Im certain it will be in their assortment.

Any update on when the dual power banks will be available?

Any update on when the dual power banks will be available?
late summer if current forecast. Cuddeback will also have an adapter cord available so that the #3358 cuddepower battery booster can be used with the Dual cell and J series cameras.

Cuddeback will also have an adapter cord available so that the #3358 cuddepower battery booster can be used with the Dual cell and J series cameras.
This is good news. I'm guessing same time table for the adapter cord....late summer?

This is good news. I'm guessing same time table for the adapter cord....late summer?
it should be earlier i dont want to give an exact date but i will update everyone on here when they arrive.

John any word on the firmware upgrade to download to the pc

late summer if current forecast. Cuddeback will also have an adapter cord available so that the #3358 cuddepower battery booster can be used with the Dual cell and J series cameras.

I have a few J series cams with the D battery packs currently and was wondering: If you add the #3358 cuddepower battery booster to a J series camera that has the D battery pack, will the 6 in the camera and the 6 in the booster pack run in series to help make the battery usage more efficient and last longer than just 2 individual separate 6 pack supplies?

I have a few J series cams with the D battery packs currently and was wondering: If you add the #3358 cuddepower battery booster to a J series camera that has the D battery pack, will the 6 in the camera and the 6 in the booster pack run in series to help make the battery usage more efficient and last longer than just 2 individual separate 6 pack supplies?

I believe the external batteries (3358 pack) will power the camera first and after they are depleted the internals (3495 pack) will power the camera. But I could be wrong.

I just ordered 8 g series, 2 with solar panels based on set location, and the rest with the d battery boosters. I live on property(110 acres), and although mostly wooded, we are flat. Assuming I won't run into any issues with the network part. For setup, what are you all having the best luck with? I have the dual flash models coming. What seems to work best without spooking game? Also, reading through here it seems as if a way to set the cameras to send pics to the home unit at certain intervals. Is it possible to have them set to do that like twice a day, or once at like 4 am? Looking forward to getting them set up and running. Should be here tomorrow so any other hints are welcome.

I have 4 G series, 3 with double strobe and 1 dual flash. I run the strobe cameras off external 6v 12ah batteries and the dual flash off cuddepower. I’ve never noticed any of them spooking game. The attached pic is one of my stealth cams taking a picture just as one of my double strobes goes off lighting up the whole woods. The deer don’t care. Mine are in some deep cover and some hilly conditions and I don’t have an issue with a signal. I’ve never changed the CL delay or CL count in the setting because honestly I don’t completely understand either of them.

Attachments

• ED4BAB42-0DC5-4BE6-A53C-4531CA871C61.jpeg
    ED4BAB42-0DC5-4BE6-A53C-4531CA871C61.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 45
wow... thats the strobe going off? would think that would definitely alert game over time.. or make it easy to find for someone to steal. hoping the dual flash setup is different

I just ordered 8 g series, 2 with solar panels based on set location, and the rest with the d battery boosters. I live on property(110 acres), and although mostly wooded, we are flat. Assuming I won't run into any issues with the network part. For setup, what are you all having the best luck with? I have the dual flash models coming. What seems to work best without spooking game? Also, reading through here it seems as if a way to set the cameras to send pics to the home unit at certain intervals. Is it possible to have them set to do that like twice a day, or once at like 4 am? Looking forward to getting them set up and running. Should be here tomorrow so any other hints are welcome.
The G series are excellent cameras and you’ll get great battery life with the cuddepower d battery pack. Make sure the solar units are in full or mostly full sun. I ran a Dual Flash from 9/7/18 - 4/18/19. It took over 4000 pics and finally switched over to the internal 4 Ds in March but was still going when I took it down in April. I tested a solar unit on a J series this winter when it was really cold and it worked until it got to -20. After it warmed up a bit, I reset the batteries and it was fine. As for flash on the dual flash, I would only recommend using the IR unless the animals will be really close to the camera. The black flash pics are just too grainy to be useful. Also, if you are going to be taking pics at night looking into an open field without a back drop, the animals will need to be closer compared to if there is something in the background for the flash to reflect off of. You can set the IR Mode to Field to help with that just be aware that you may have some whiteout on closeup animals. If you want to extend your field picture distance you can always get a powerhouse IR or white strobe flash module. As far as spooking animals with the IR, they usually get used to a camera after a short while but there is always 1 or 2 that is camera shy it seems. For reception, put your home unit up, jump on the ATV with a camera and watch the CL Level as you drive around to see how the level looks. They can go a long way in the right situation. It will take some testing but you’ll get the hang of it and figure out what works best in your situation. Have fun! They are a game changer!

Great ideas.. .appreciate it

They act like they can’t even see it. This guy had his picture taken several times last year.

Attachments

• 9A92585A-C034-4F70-AC25-CE6FFA372BEE.jpeg
    9A92585A-C034-4F70-AC25-CE6FFA372BEE.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 48
I believe the external batteries (3358 pack) will power the camera first and after they are depleted the internals (3495 pack) will power the camera. But I could be wrong.
That is what I am thinking but want to make I have it perfectly understood. I am interested in knowing how a J series with a D battery pack and a 3358 pack attached compares to just running a dual cell battery pack on a J for battery life. I am trying to determine if I can save a few dollars and just get the 3358 pack to add to my Js that already have the 6 D battery pack instead of buying the dual cells for them. I will be buying some dual cell packs for the Js that only have the AA battery packs for sure. I’m sure that John will chime in and let us know the specifics.

wow... thats the strobe going off? would think that would definitely alert game over time.. or make it easy to find for someone to steal. hoping the dual flash setup is different
From the studies I’ve read it’s like the deer in the headlights effect. It’s not that they’re frozen, they just don’t see it. The picture makes it look different than it really is. It’s all happening in a millisecond.

That is what I am thinking but want to make I have it perfectly understood. I am interested in knowing how a J series with a D battery pack and a 3358 pack attached compares to just running a dual cell battery pack on a J for battery life. I am trying to determine if I can save a few dollars and just get the 3358 pack to add to my Js that already have the 6 D battery pack instead of buying the dual cells for them. I will be buying some dual cell packs for the Js that only have the AA battery packs for sure. I’m sure that John will chime in and let us know the specifics.
to clarify, the Dual Cell is a cellular camera and or home unit. The Dual power bank is the new battery accessory coming out.