Cuddeback Mixed Network

M1aguy

Yearling... With promise
Been loving Cuddelink system for a few years now. Started with home camera and a couple J repeaters. Up to 10 with a mix of J and new L repeaters.
The home camera G stopped operating well, failed to send photos so recently got a replacement and it works like the other did when new...

A couple of my original J repeaters have stopped taking motion activated pictures. I can force them to take pics using the web app. Is this a fresnell lens issue?

I would post this in one of the cuddeback threads on this forum. It could be a firmware issue or any number of things. Providing more details like what firmware you are using on all cams and/or a report will help.

Been loving Cuddelink system for a few years now. Started with home camera and a couple J repeaters. Up to 10 with a mix of J and new L repeaters.
The home camera G stopped operating well, failed to send photos so recently got a replacement and it works like the other did when new...

A couple of my original J repeaters have stopped taking motion activated pictures. I can force them to take pics using the web app. Is this a fresnell lens issue?
if your fresnel lens is mostly white, its time to change them, do a walk test perpendicular at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 ft, this will tell you if its sensing.

On a couple there was some detection but only when close to cam ...They are pretty white..

I have some on order and will give it a go..... I ordered more cams too in case the Fresnel lens doesn't do it. worst case I have more camera coverage. :)

I would post this in one of the cuddeback threads on this forum. It could be a firmware issue or any number of things. Providing more details like what firmware you are using on all cams and/or a report will help.

just making sure you realize if you have the cmaera set on "repeater" they wont take images, they only link other cameras. Since you said you have been running them a while im sure you know, but with you referring to them as "repeaters" i figured i better say something.

yeah wrong choice of words....they are set properly...........they are all set to remote. its really a great system when they are all working.

yeah wrong choice of words....they are set properly...........they are all set to remote. its really a great system when they are all working.
So changed a fresnel lens on one of them— still does detect motion. Will work as a repeater but not as a remote camera… oh well.

So changed a fresnel lens on one of them— still does detect motion. Will work as a repeater but not as a remote camera… oh well.
i havent witnessed a camera with a sensor that didnt work much less more than one - its worth sending in or getting on the phone with someone to see if something is up.

Last edited: