Cuddeback L series new 1.7 firmware

drolen

Buck Fawn
I've tried unsuccessfully to download a functioning L series camera newest version firmware 1.7 off the cuddeback website with no luck. It is a . PKG file and has nothing in it. I called cuddeback and was told im being emailed the firmware which ended up being the same PKG FILE that doesn't work. Has anyone found a work around to get the newest verision

I've tried unsuccessfully to download a functioning L series camera newest version firmware 1.7 off the cuddeback website with no luck. It is a . PKG file and has nothing in it. I called cuddeback and was told im being emailed the firmware which ended up being the same PKG FILE that doesn't work. Has anyone found a work around to get the newest verision
I am not sure what to say other than I downloaded the updated firmware per the instructions online and it worked fine. Not point out the obvious, but is the SD card one that you know works OK? I’ve had name-brand new ones that did not work. The file, as I recalled, was not something I opened…I just downloaded it to my computer, than dragged the file to my SD card and did the firmware update. Once done, I put the original SD card back in the cameras. It was very simple.

I've tried unsuccessfully to download a functioning L series camera newest version firmware 1.7 off the cuddeback website with no luck. It is a . PKG file and has nothing in it. I called cuddeback and was told im being emailed the firmware which ended up being the same PKG FILE that doesn't work. Has anyone found a work around to get the newest version
What do you mean "it has nothing in it"? You should be downloading a pkg file that's about 500KB. Just put that on the memory card and you're good to update the camera. I think older versions used to be in a zip. That's no longer the case.

The camera knows what to do with the pkg file, you just need to save to a sd card, insert in camera, select update F/W, stand to the side of the camera just in case it explodes. You can't be too careful these days.