Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska has basically reopened much of the state. There has been a spike in new cases but we are now testing thousands of more people a week. ten thousand a week, the gov said yesterday.

Packing plants have been hit hard here along with the rest of the countries plants in the past couple weeks. I think once its run it course there it will level off. It seems they are getting the plants reopened now or near future after major cleaning and making adjustments to how they will keep workers safe.

68% of the 90 deaths we've had so far have been in nursing homes.

People that are in the age and infirm health brackets impacted by the virus need to take the necessary precautions, otherwise the country needs to get back to work/living.

I thought our county had a rough day earlier this week with 13 new cases. Turns out it was a nursing home. We've had 2 deaths so far, and both were in their 80's. Jabba the Fatass Prickster has basically said the state has the potential to stay closed, or to take steps backwards even, until there's a vaccine. Home-schooling is already being prepared for come fall semester.

If Minnesota doesn't open schools before the fall session starts our district will be looking to hire some new teachers. I know some that will not be going back if that is the case.

Thanks, like I really needed another reason to be pissed off.
Wow, just watched this video. Disturbing, if real, a lot seems plausible. Not relevant but surprising how much this Doctor Minkovits looks like Christine Blasey Ford.

Sure would like to hear Dr. Knehrke‘s take on this.

I know its short term data, but haven't georgia and Florida re-opened? They have almost no noticiable spike in cases since it happened.

Also, did I see oregon has shut down events into the fall? They have under 3000 cases total...

I'm living in a world I do not understand
We have a house in Naples, Fl. We are seriously considering going in June. Collier county has just over 500 confirmed cases our county in Ohio has a little over 200. The county I work in everyday has around 1500. I don’t see much difference. The only difference is we will fly to get there. Anyone been flying recently?

Wow, just watched this video. Disturbing, if real, a lot seems plausible. Not relevant but surprising how much this Doctor Minkovits looks like Christine Blasey Ford.

Two things. First, the idea that hospitals and medical professionals are misrepresenting COVID for money is not only false, it's offensive. The Department of Medicine here is losing 130 million dollars a month in revenue from shutting down elective procedures in order to prepare for potential disaster. We have all taken pay cuts, from the top to the bottom, in order to keep the enterprise afloat. The only way we get back to profitability is to get past the pandemic. So, we want to see an end to the infections. Not to minimize things, but the idea that anyone would prolong this for the sake of thousands or tens of thousands of dollars is absurd. The math doesn't add up.

Second, the woman in the video published a big article that was discredited and retracted. I will admit that I haven't had the time, nor the inclination, to watch the entire half hour of video. I'm familiar with the circumstances surrounding her "big" paper and it's retraction though. One of the reasons science works is community replication. If something is correct, then everybody jumps on it to more forward. Let's assume that everything is driven by money. Safe assumption, right? So, there's no reason to "silence" someone who has made a big discovery, since the big discoveries generate revenue in terms of new advances, new molecular targets, patentable findings. The reason someone's work gets dismissed is because nobody else can get the same result. Ultimately, who would want to throw money down a hole on a dead end project? Sometimes, peoples' egos (and yes, scientists have egos) prevent them from admitting they were wrong. In this age of internet wisdom, anybody with a Youtube account can provide "evidence" of a conspiracy. Including discredited scientists. Big pharma has done some incredibly unethical things over the years - I have taught in the Ethics course that all PhD candidates are required to take - and there are some amazing examples of "how did they think that they could get away with that". This isn't one of them. I would advise truly unbiased thinkers to check out this link in Retraction Watch, a site that has consistently acted as an independent watchdog in the scientific community: https://retractionwatch.com/2020/05/06/who-is-judy-mikovits/

Also, Judy Mikovits has a new book out. She's publicizing it. Simple as that. And it's a great climate for conspiracy theorists to flourish. Somehow I doubt that any of this matters to someone who wants to believe her, but please - stop listening to her agenda and look at the facts. There is such a thing as the truth.

Short term pain for long term gain. Democrats are crafty. They know what they're doing.

Two things. First, the idea that hospitals and medical professionals are misrepresenting COVID for money is not only false, it's offensive. The Department of Medicine here is losing 130 million dollars a month in revenue from shutting down elective procedures in order to prepare for potential disaster. We have all taken pay cuts, from the top to the bottom, in order to keep the enterprise afloat. The only way we get back to profitability is to get past the pandemic. So, we want to see an end to the infections. Not to minimize things, but the idea that anyone would prolong this for the sake of thousands or tens of thousands of dollars is absurd. The math doesn't add up.

Second, the woman in the video published a big article that was discredited and retracted. I will admit that I haven't had the time, nor the inclination, to watch the entire half hour of video. I'm familiar with the circumstances surrounding her "big" paper and it's retraction though. One of the reasons science works is community replication. If something is correct, then everybody jumps on it to more forward. Let's assume that everything is driven by money. Safe assumption, right? So, there's no reason to "silence" someone who has made a big discovery, since the big discoveries generate revenue in terms of new advances, new molecular targets, patentable findings. The reason someone's work gets dismissed is because nobody else can get the same result. Ultimately, who would want to throw money down a hole on a dead end project? Sometimes, peoples' egos (and yes, scientists have egos) prevent them from admitting they were wrong. In this age of internet wisdom, anybody with a Youtube account can provide "evidence" of a conspiracy. Including discredited scientists. Big pharma has done some incredibly unethical things over the years - I have taught in the Ethics course that all PhD candidates are required to take - and there are some amazing examples of "how did they think that they could get away with that". This isn't one of them. I would advise truly unbiased thinkers to check out this link in Retraction Watch, a site that has consistently acted as an independent watchdog in the scientific community: https://retractionwatch.com/2020/05/06/who-is-judy-mikovits/

Also, Judy Mikovits has a new book out. She's publicizing it. Simple as that. And it's a great climate for conspiracy theorists to flourish. Somehow I doubt that any of this matters to someone who wants to believe her, but please - stop listening to her agenda and look at the facts. There is such a thing as the truth.
Thanks Dr., I will checkout the link you provided. I’m not one of Dr. Fauci’s greatest fans, but I found Dr. Mikovitz’s story a little fantastic.

Did my S. Distancing in the Atlantic today..

I didn’t fish long just trolled a big white shad down the beach hoping for a striped bass. Wrong way to do it this time of year but It was sorta just a first run of the year and a good excuse to get the wife out of the house.

D780C7F3-C258-4774-A738-BA5FECBBB821.jpeg
E34610A8-860A-4AD3-ACED-B18DC193E869.jpeg

Seems like the models were pretty darn accurate saying between 100k and 200k deaths. That seems like were we will end up. It is time to get things going again though, if you are at risk then protect yourself. It just amazes me as i see lots of elderly just going around like nothing is happening.

Did my S. Distancing in the Atlantic today..

I didn’t fish long just trolled a big white shad down the beach hoping for a striped bass. Wrong way to do it this time of year but It was sorta just a first run of the year and a good excuse to get the wife out of the house.

View attachment 29619
View attachment 29620

I took a canoe out on the crow river tonight only to find the path to my best spots is now almost completely blocked. About 15 great big cottonwood and maple trees have fallen into the river making it impassable. I might try going downstream tomorrow to see if I can find any walleyes for the opener. River is the lowest I have seen in about 5 years. VERY odd for May. Its usually about 10-12 feet higher then the current level.

Seems like the models were pretty darn accurate saying between 100k and 200k deaths. That seems like were we will end up. It is time to get things going again though, if you are at risk then protect yourself. It just amazes me as i see lots of elderly just going around like nothing is happening.

I try to see it from the elderly point of view. If I only had a little time left I would not want to waste it missing my grand kids and staring at the wall everyday. Roll the dice, live life, and protect yourself while you are doing it.

If the government "predicted" between 100-200K deaths, the government will make sure that is how many deaths we "experience". I believe very little about any of the statistics that are coming out now.

If the government "predicted" between 100-200K deaths, the government will make sure that is how many deaths we "experience". I believe very little about any of the statistics that are coming out now.
Considering that mortality is tallied on a per hospital basis daily, with towns and counties reporting aggregate data, and this is all public - I'd argue that a conspiracy to massage the numbers at that level should be applauded for it's pure evil genius mastermind. But since most of the politicians I listen to don't seem like the sharpest tools in the shed, well, I guess it could be camouflage, but I'm going with Occam's razor. Sometimes things are exactly what they seem.

Considering that mortality is tallied on a per hospital basis daily, with towns and counties reporting aggregate data, and this is all public - I'd argue that a conspiracy to massage the numbers at that level should be applauded for it's pure evil genius mastermind. But since most of the politicians I listen to don't seem like the sharpest tools in the shed, well, I guess it could be camouflage, but I'm going with Occam's razor. Sometimes things are exactly what they seem.

Not like our government hasn’t done some shitty underhanded stuff in the last 20 years. I trust our political swamp a hair more than I trust China. Follow the money. If money can be made from deception there is deception.

The Menards in our town have a real Pinkerton cop with the greeter at the door of the store now. Customers were complaining about the draconian mandatory mask rule Menards decided to over reach and force onto the public even though it is not a state rule or anything.
Menards can kiss my ass! I’ll drive on down the road to Lowe’s they are very veteran friendly there and don’t go for Ghestapo tactics at their store.

First, the idea that hospitals and medical professionals are misrepresenting COVID for money is not only false, it's offensive

Dude, the idea that medical professionals or any other group of people are unimpeachable is ridiculous and smacks of millennial cancel-culture. All humans are inherently fallible.

Here's a recent example:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/ny-nurse-steals-from-covid-patient/index.html

The Menards in our town have a real Pinkerton cop with the greeter at the door of the store now. Customers were complaining about the draconian mandatory mask rule Menards decided to over reach and force onto the public even though it is not a state rule or anything.
Menards can kiss my ass! I’ll drive on down the road to Lowe’s they are very veteran friendly there and don’t go for Ghestapo tactics at their store.

Just tell them you have an underlying medical condition that doesn’t allow you to wear a mask. It’s discrimination if they don’t let you in. Let them know you will press charges if they don’t. Anyone know what HIPAA is all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, the idea that medical professionals or any other group of people are unimpeachable is ridiculous and smacks of millennial cancel-culture. All humans are inherently fallible.

Here's a recent example:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/08/us/ny-nurse-steals-from-covid-patient/index.html
Oh, I'm not claiming that the community is unimpeachable by virtue of their profession by any means. I'm simply saying that the coordinated effort that it would take to pull off a cover-up on this scale is simply unimaginable. Medical professionals can be dingbats just like anybody else. But to get everybody to agree on this deception, from low to high, it just isn't feasible. Now, if you were talking about a more limited set of outcomes with vested financial interest at stake...sure. Plausible. As Chummer said, there's been some nasty stuff that's been done by our government with the help of the medical profession over the years. Man, I teach this stuff to students - if you can't learn from the past, you're doomed to repeat it, right? Administering unvalidated vaccines to minority communities, using Africa as a pharmaceutical playground for testing, forced sterilization. The list goes on. But just not at this scale. You'd have to postulate that other countries are in on it, too. Occam's razor. Sometimes the numbers are just the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.