Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats not what my interpretation is. I think these 1700 were never in any count. They were just today added on to the total. Where they came from I don’t know but apparently not previously counted.
It was the opposite. Cuomo’s goon at the press conference yesterday said if they left nursing home and died in hospital they are on the hospitals tally. Sorry, opposite the post you quoted. Everything is being counted as Covid because the hospitals are getting a higher rate with anything stamped Covid.

So these are not additional then. They were just mis-classified. The articles I read said that they added 1700 to the count. It’s a bit confusing. This is what I was looking at

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York state is reporting more than 1,700 previously undisclosed deaths at nursing homes and adult care facilities as the state faces scrutiny over how it’s protected vulnerable residents during the coronavirus pandemic.

. Yes, there seems to be incentive to code every death they can to COVID for reimbursement. They are calling the health commish Zucker. Dr death now because of his new policy of putting COVID positive people back into the nursing homes.

Last edited:
This is why we have the state shut down.

DBADD921-6BAC-44D5-B30C-FFB93BAFD3FB.png

So in other words they should have shut the long term health care facilities down and left the rest of the state open.

The precedent is the worst part, IMO

We've reached the level where the cure is worse than the disease

That said, I watched a man rant and rave about how Menards won't let anyone in the store without a mask. They have that prerogative.

We have freedom of assembly and speech from the govt (which has been infringed upon in the name of perceived public safety), but if a privately owned company wants to require masks, or choose who they do or don't want to make a wedding cake for, they have that choice.

I'm ready to watch some live sports again. I saw an article about how effective the Indians #6 or 7 reliever can be this year. Its gone too far. Time for baseball.

If you've followed this thread, then you know that I'm a firm advocate of cautious, measured responses. With that having been said...it's time to get back to life. The shutdowns were to keep the health care system from being overwhelmed. Done. We need to accept that we are going to lose people to this disease, and that's a tragic but inescapable fact. We were able to prevent losing more people than necessary because we "flattened the curve". We succeeded. Now, I'm not saying that we should all start hugging each other and licking doorknobs, but with appropriate precautions it's an acceptable risk. I urge everyone to stay safe and to be thoughtful of others as we come out of the dark. And plant some trees lol.

My apologies if this is a duplicate but it’s worth the watch and not intended to offend anyone. You can form your own opinion.

Also anyone with a little time to kill check out the movie Contagion.

If you've followed this thread, then you know that I'm a firm advocate of cautious, measured responses. With that having been said...it's time to get back to life. The shutdowns were to keep the health care system from being overwhelmed. Done. We need to accept that we are going to lose people to this disease, and that's a tragic but inescapable fact. We were able to prevent losing more people than necessary because we "flattened the curve". We succeeded. Now, I'm not saying that we should all start hugging each other and licking doorknobs, but with appropriate precautions it's an acceptable risk. I urge everyone to stay safe and to be thoughtful of others as we come out of the dark. And plant some trees lol.

it doesn’t look like NY will be coming out of the dark any time soon.

it doesn’t look like NY will be coming out of the dark any time soon.
Upstate is trying. My wife is going back Monday. I made a few stops the last couple days. I will be out a lot more next week. My customers are sneaking around the edges prepping to get started. I made a lot of calls the last two days. We are having a liquidation sale on excavators and loaders. We have lost so many sales in the last two months we didn’t have a choice. I have been calling my customers offering up these machines. They seem to be in two camps within the same park. All are beyond ready to get back to work. Half are worried they will still be in business when the all clear is given and half think they will be okay if we start up soon. I thought it was interesting the smaller owner operator companies are more optimistic than the 30-50 employee companies. I guess the bigger companies have a lot more overhead and won’t be able to make up the revenue lost in 2+ months. Many are also concerned employees will not come back. Our lockdown will end 5/15, one way or another.

Our region. 8 counties I think are lumped in with Erie County and Buffalo. So while 7 counties are well under Cuomo’s numbers Buffalo isn’t so we’re going to be waiting and waiting. Erie County is hopeful to open June 1 according to the numbers. That only includes some businesses. And everything will be based on 2 week cycles from there. So our neck of the woods where we have 3 active cases won’t be open until July. According to Cuomo’s number system. At this point anyway unless there a revolt

My apologies if this is a duplicate but it’s worth the watch and not intended to offend anyone. You can form your own opinion.

My wife made me watch this earlier today. 2 thoughts: I am totally in the camp regarding the comments about our incredible immune sytem, how it works and how it can and should be our first line of defense. Secondly if the human corruption discussed here is true as represented I am disappointed beyond words. But it is yet another reason why I take full responsibility for my health vs. looking to govt., big pharma or others who have huge financial stakes in what I do.

Your video has been removed by our comrades at YouTube. These a-holes doing all the censoring can fo guck themselves!!!

Your video has been removed by our comrades at YouTube. These a-holes doing all the censoring can fo guck themselves!!!
Damn that was fast. Maybe Fauci or Gates has a secret controlling interest in YouTube.

We've reached the level where the cure is worse than the disease

I'm starting to agree with that sentiment. I find it hard to accept that they can't figure out a way to protect the vulnerable while letting the rest of us get back to normal. I'm tired of it.

Here is some Coronahoax fuzzy math for all of you to ponder as of 6:45pm on 5/6/2020.

Across the country we have just a hair under 74,000 deaths with 1.25 million confirmed cases. (about 6% death rate)
Hennepin county, MN (Minneapolis) has 325 deaths from 2,764 confirmed cases (about a 12% death rate)
Nobles county, MN (second highest county in MN) has 2 deaths from 1,082 cases (.002% death rate)

Wisconson 340 deaths out of 8,236 cases (4% death rate)
MN- 485 deaths out of 8,579 cases (5.6% death rate)
SD- 21 deaths out of 2,668 cases (not even 1%)
IA- 188 deaths out of 9,703 (about 2%)

But when Fauci testified before congress in March I believe he said the death rate was around 1%. LOTS of fuzzy math going on right now. This is supposed to be the scientific community filled with facts and accurate data. Looks more like a bunch of made up garbage, but yet here we are with all these decision being made from this.

I always assumed death rates included everybody As a population. In other words what are your chances of dying from the virus. It’s around 220 deaths per million people. thought I heard that somewhere today. That’s what I go by.

Last edited:

New link better make it quick

I’m no good with math so somebody else can figure out percentages

NJ comrade Murphy announced today we will continue lock down for another 30 days. Can’t stand the guy...
He’s taken to calling those of us. (Me) that disregard the lockdown as Knuckleheads.
Republicans are up in arms about the slight. Please, you can’t love trumps slights and not respects the opposing ones.

Again, I don’t like the guy and would never vote for him, but I had to give him cudo’s for taking an east coast in your face approach. :).

On the highway today. :)....
07B0FA54-4D5F-433D-8552-173739E07B0C.png

Named my boat ” seaplorable “ last year. I may have to peel it off and go with Knucklehead.

On the plus side my wife said she’s wants to drive the 18 hours to the farm with me. Double plus....she said “quote” and (I quote). “ I don’t think a week is enough, maybe we should stay for 3. :emoji_astonished:

She hasn’t been to farm in years.......

Status
Not open for further replies.