Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is important to note that the CDC allowed the people selling the product (vaccines) to provide their own safety and efficacy data from their own trials and both Pfizer and J&J claimed something like 95% efficacy to gain EUA approval and we quickly learned that was a lie. Remember when they said vaccinated people could all go without masks for like a month? That was why.

I hate to source a media outlet but there is STILL no official information to be found (it seems like the CDC & FDA don't want to know) and after I watched all 8 hours of the FDA panel vote on the booster shots, one of the Dr's testifying said "where is the data on Maddie De Garay from the Pfizer trials? The data provided by Pfizer didn't include anyone getting paralyzed from the vaccines but she was in the Pfizer trial and there were no paralyzations reported to the FDA and yet STILL today we are talking about boosters months later and there is no investigation on this that Janet Woodcock (FDA Commisioner) promised? Pfizer later reported her case as " abdominal pain" rather than "permanent paralysis". What other important safety data are we missing? Where is the transparency here?".

I still dont understand all the people getting tested, that have no symptoms. Are people getting tested for the flu with out symptoms?

I still havent been tested, yet a good friends kid, goes in weekly to get tested, voluntarily, not because he is required by work. He also wears a mask, outside, and in his car. It just doesnt make sense to me. Yet, I am suppose to follow along, and to as I am told, and not question anything about covid.
I have been tested weekly since July of 2020 at work since I am unvaccinated, it is campus policy.

Wife and I just got tested for about the 10th time. Negative. Leaving this morning for a convention in Denver with 1500 people and testing mandated. Had to be tested several times to get into the Bahamas , return to the US from international destinations and for various other things we've done.

Have not nor will not get vaccine. Rarely [ I mean RARELY ] have to wear a mask. Pretty much have led our lives the way we always have. Did get covid. Non event, had worse hangovers. Don't let the covid hysteria enter my consciousness any more than absolutely necessary. Too many fun , interesting creative things to focus on. I do like the memes though. Big fun

Wife and I just got tested for about the 10th time. Negative. Leaving this morning for a convention in Denver with 1500 people and testing mandated. Had to be tested several times to get into the Bahamas , return to the US from international destinations and for various other things we've done.

Have not nor will not get vaccine. Rarely [ I mean RARELY ] have to wear a mask. Pretty much have led our lives the way we always have. Did get covid. Non event, had worse hangovers. Don't let the covid hysteria enter my consciousness any more than absolutely necessary. Too many fun , interesting creative things to focus on. I do like the memes though. Big fun

Great outlook Baker, spot on.

The Harvard Study that concluded in 2009-10 with: "Adverse events from drugs and vaccines are common, but underreported. Although 25% of
ambulatory patients experience an adverse drug event, less than 0.3% of all adverse drug events and 1-13% of serious events are reported to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Likewise, fewer than 1% of vaccine adverse events are reported. Low reporting rates preclude or
slow the identification of “problem” drugs and vaccines that endanger public health. New
surveillance methods for drug and vaccine adverse effects are needed."

Harvard was obstructed by the CDC back then: "Unfortunately, there was never an opportunity to perform system performance assessments because the necessary CDC contacts were no longer available and the CDC consultants responsible for receiving data were no longer responsive to our multiple requests to proceed with testing and evaluation.

NO major changes were ever made by the CDC to improve VAERS since this study. When these reports initially came out around July 21' the CDC told the public not to panic about these numbers because they haven't been verified. We were 8 months in and they were already admitting the ONLY reporting system isn't reliable. Weird right?

NYC is going to throw the switch on Monday apparently. I've seen all kinds of numbers thrown around, but the consensus looks to be around a 25% reduction in cops, firefighters, ambulances, and sanitation workers. Might be worth getting some popcorn ready.

Nice to be rich. Wish I was in your boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not scientifically illiterate. I do try to “follow the science”. I realize that science is continually evolving as new studies are performed. I realize that COVID studies are ongoing and that COVID related science is far from settled. With that being said how do I interpret these two articles that both came out within the past week?

One, How much less likely are you to spread covid-19 if you're vaccinated?, states that “People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others, despite the arrival of the delta variant, several studies show. The findings refute the idea, which has become common in some circles, that vaccines no longer do much to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.” The basis for this article is a preprint that has not been peer reviewed.

The next article is Covid: Double vaccinated can still spread virus at home which states “Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed. Even if they have no or few symptoms, the chance of them transmitting the virus to other unvaccinated housemates is about two in five, or 38%.” This article is based on this peer reviewed article in the Lancet. Findings from the study. “Fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts.”

How do we follow the science with conflicting results? Do we just go with the science that supports our conformation bias? Are the results of the first study meaningless until it has been fully peer reviewed?

First, let me commend you on keeping an open mind during this whole Covid event, that alone is refreshing. Like you, I am simply trying to use the best available information at the time to determine my path forward. With so much research going on at the same time, it’s sometimes hard to see the big picture. I think Catscratch hit the nail on the head. Vaccination does reduce infection rates, so there are fewer “carriers” to infect others. However, once infected, a vaccinated person can pass the virus to others.

Maybe I am over thinking this, but the one interesting wrinkle about the second article in the Lancet is that it focused on the likelihood of infecting housemates. Repeated and extended exposure to an infected person will increase the “virus load” your system is being asked to fight off - as opposed casually passing an infected person in the grocery store. It makes sense that even vaccinated housemates can come down with the virus if exposed long enough. Just my two cents, but two interesting articles.

First, let me commend you on keeping an open mind during this whole Covid event, that alone is refreshing. Like you, I am simply trying to use the best available information at the time to determine my path forward. With so much research going on at the same time, it’s sometimes hard to see the big picture. I think Catscratch hit the nail on the head. Vaccination does reduce infection rates, so there are fewer “carriers” to infect others. However, once infected, a vaccinated person can pass the virus to others.

Maybe I am over thinking this, but the one interesting wrinkle about the second article in the Lancet is that it focused on the likelihood of infecting housemates. Repeated and extended exposure to an infected person will increase the “virus load” your system is being asked to fight off - as opposed casually passing an infected person in the grocery store. It makes sense that even vaccinated housemates can come down with the virus if exposed long enough. Just my two cents, but two interesting articles.

So if vaccinations reduce symptoms wouldn’t a vaccinated person be more likely to spread the virus since they may be less likely to know that even have it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still dont understand all the people getting tested, that have no symptoms. Are people getting tested for the flu with out symptoms?

I still havent been tested, yet a good friends kid, goes in weekly to get tested, voluntarily, not because he is required by work. He also wears a mask, outside, and in his car. It just doesnt make sense to me. Yet, I am suppose to follow along, and to as I am told, and not question anything about covid.
In our lovely state if someone tests positive they get a call from the State. If they give up your name as a contact you will be getting a test with no symptoms.

I have a friend that him and his wife are both in hospital and today he went to ICU and the ventilator.Hope he pulls through.Wish they would have got vaccinated.

The vax does not keep anyone from getting the dreaded covid, thus it would not and could not keep one from spreading the dreaded covid. All the supposed vax does is maybe lower the possibility of serious symptoms.

If the vaccine keeps you from dying that can be kind of important. I still haven't put anyone on an ambulance with covid that said damn I'm glad I didn't get vaccinated

If the vaccine keeps you from dying that can be kind of important. I still haven't put anyone on an ambulance with covid that said damn I'm glad I didn't get vaccinated

That’s awesome, but I think it should be their choice to get the shot, or not! If the biggest risk of not getting it is, we may not get as sick, then it is on ourselves if we die from not getting the shot.

That sounds like the seat belt argument.I once read a newspaper article about a guy that hated wearing a seatbelt and thought it was his choice and then one icy night he had a very minor wreck and slid into a tree.Was killed when he went forward and hit top of windshield and rear view mirror. His widow questioned if it was still his choice as his kids and grand kids now would grow up without him and she was now a widow because he wouldn't wear one,guess it was his choice.

That sounds like the seat belt argument.I once read a newspaper article about a guy that hated wearing a seatbelt and thought it was his choice and then one icy night he had a very minor wreck and slid into a tree.Was killed when he went forward and hit top of windshield and rear view mirror. His widow questioned if it was still his choice as his kids and grand kids now would grow up without him and she was now a widow because he wouldn't wear one,guess it was his choice.
100% it was his choice. I wear a seatbelt but I am 1000% against the government telling anyone that they have to wear one.
Its not governments right or your right to make thise decisions for me .
Its the slippery slope argument. Where and how does it stop?
You have government telling us now
Who can and cannot work
How close we can get to others
Whether or not we can have gatherings with family
That we have to wear masks
That we bave to wear 2 masks
That if we have to get a vaxxine
How does this all end? Do you really believe that the government will ever relinquish the power they have grabbed?
I will tell you they will not. Everything we give them.is less freedom that we will have,and i dont know about you, but i LOVE my freedom.
If you want to give up your rights thats fine by me, but you have no right to tell me I have to give up mine.

My Great Aunt got the vaccine. Then later when she broke her femur, went to the hospital, tested positive for Covid and died a week later. I wish they would have treated her with Ivermectin but that hospital actually fired a Dr for prescribing Ivermectin. Anecdotal evidence is in fact, not evidence at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.