Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if the CDC ordered all deaths to be counted as vaccine deaths, even those who weren't vaccinated. Imagine if the government paid hospitals $35,000 for every vaccine death. We'd really have a math problem on our hands.

Lol right?
Imagine if we counted the flu le.we counted covid? We'd never leave the house

Heck, it's worth chiming in here just for shits and giggles, even knowing the likely response. Tell me: if all these deaths were with rather than from COVID, how exactly is it that the average life expectancy in 2020 dropped by a full year? And 2 1/2 years if you're black? I got my popcorn ready...

I have no doubt that is true.

I totally believe COVID is extremely life threatening to the elderly and people with certain illnesses. I personally know people that have died earlier than they should have because of COVID.
Saying that I still believe the threat to the rest of the population is very small and this pandemic has been used as a tool to control the masses more than it should have.
I still think the mask thing is ridiculous for the average person and what our government has done to schools and small businesses is criminal.

Okay, I'll tackle this one, too, since I'm likely to be so popular and I'm feeling feisty tonight.

I thought that COVID was going to magically disappear once President Dump retired to his magic palace in Florida. Or was it after he lost the election? It's like end-of-the-world predictions. "Oh, it didn't happen today? Well, what I really meant was next week...".

Does anybody want to admit that they may have been mistaken? Because you can't have it both ways. Bueller, Bueller...

Could it possibly be that this is actually a global heath crisis that isn't timed or tied to American politics? What a concept.

I admit I was mistaken. I thought the left would start playing it down and try and claim a big win over COVID. What I didn't consider was the long game...the control over the public has the politicians drunk with power and looking at whatever other rights they want to infringe on.
For you to say that politics aren't involved on how this has all been mishandled abused and hyped in the USA by corrupt DC zealots and the MSM is incorrect.

The President Dump comment does nothing but make you sound very biased in your opinions and is a discredit to you.

The fact isthat numbers have been falling, every day since the inauguration. We were right.

And on H-T. There has been a neutral ruler.

but if you keep poking the tiger.

The fact isthat numbers have been falling, every day since the inauguration. We were right.
That's what I thought too. The folks now in charge were able to choose their timeframe. They aren't dumb. They know how to make it look believable.

Screenshot_20210218-185500_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think it’s comical how schools started to reopen right after the inauguration, even though chairwoman xiden has overseen the largest spike in deaths for the entire pandemic. I can go back and grab all kinds of headlines within 7 days of inauguration where our comrades finally realized we need to get the damn schools open. Cuomo, de blasio, beattlejuice lightfoot, comrade walz, etc. Now CDC has more new brilliant guidance......

How come xiden won’t go to the White House press room and stand there for an hour and take every question the media can think to ask him??? I wanna hear his plan cause he has already lost more Americans than the Vietnam war and he hasn’t been president for a month.

A57B4FBB-1528-4C82-9166-6385A6535741.png

I have no doubt that is true.

I totally believe COVID is extremely life threatening to the elderly and people with certain illnesses. I personally know people that have died earlier than they should have because of COVID.
Saying that I still believe the threat to the rest of the population is very small and this pandemic has been used as a tool to control the masses more than it should have.
I still think the mask thing is ridiculous for the average person and what our government has done to schools and small businesses is criminal.

I admit I was mistaken. I thought the left would start playing it down and try and claim a big win over COVID. What I didn't consider was the long game...the control over the public has the politicians drunk with power and looking at whatever other rights they want to infringe on.
For you to say that politics aren't involved on how this has all been mishandled abused and hyped in the USA by corrupt DC zealots and the MSM is incorrect.

The President Dump comment does nothing but make you sound very biased in your opinions and is a discredit to you.

Yeah, the President Dump thing was a direct response to the Chairwoman Xiden stuff I've seen on here recently. Respect goes two ways. But you are correct, I took a cheap shot and lowered myself thereby. What's funny is that I agreed with most of Trump's policies...I was just pushing back here to make a point. Wasn't nobody complaining about the Xiden moniker, were they?

As for "true colors", I've never hidden how I feel on here. I just try not to be insulting, but I guess there's a different standard for what's insulting depending on whether you agree with someone or not. Funny now that works.

Anyhow, back to the corner of my Mom's basement lol to teach medical students about therapeutic RNAi and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing. Cheers!

You dont have to agree or disagree with Biden to know he's owned by the chicoms. Deserves no respect. He shouldve retired from politics. Trump at least tried keeping the Chinese in their place. He believed in USA first. A whole mess of the dems hate America, and the way they handled corona and Corona relief leading up to the election prove it.

Funny how all the dems were against the vaccine until the inauguration, now they want to force everyone to get it....

For the record k , you are the one who started with the personal cheap shots.
Tell you what, lets all agree to stop with the shots. we disagree so what? The ability to disagree and voice those disagreements without ramifications is part of what makes this country great.

I have always had respect for the presidents, regardless of party. I may not have liked the person in office, or agreed with their policies, but I had respected the president of the US. At least until I saw all the disrespect that was given to the last president from day one. Now that a democrat is in office, we hear lets unite, respect is needed, but none was given before. In my eyes US politics is broken beyond repair. Neither side wants what is best for the US, they want what is worse for the other party, what is best for their party, or what lines their pockets.

You still wont catch me bad mouthing the president of the USA, but I certainly wont be defending him. I have never been a democrat, or a republican. I have been a conservative. I like my freedoms, stop making stupid laws, that dont do anything, except take away more freedom. I like to keep the money I make, so stop taxing me for everything. Stop coming up with stupid ways to take more of our money, with "fees" surcharges, wheelage tax, etc.." Stop trying to take my guns, or tax me for having, or using them.

Knehrke

I was one of the people saying things will flip after the election, well they may not have flipped the way you are thinking, but the democrats sure have flipped since Biden took office. The democrats were completely against the vaccine, opening up anything in the economy, including schools, restaurants, bars, etc.. while Trump was in office, but once Trump was out of office, the vaccine was gods gift, and everyone needs it now! Schools need to be open, the problem with that is they didnt foresee how lazy and powerful the teacher unions are, bars restaurants, businesses need to reopen, etc. Then we are finding these democratic governors are to power hungry to let that happen at one time, so we get idiots like our MN governor and they make up a term like, turning the dial slowly for our safety. Slowly giving us our freedoms back. Our MN governor is a puppet to what California, New York, and Chicago does.

Hell, now the MN government has made a website, where you can add all of your personal information, so they can track, and get ahold of you when it is your turn to get the vaccine. The democrats are tripping over themselves to add all of their personal information into this site. No thank you!

Sorry for venting!

Last edited:
Yeah, the President Dump thing was a direct response to the Chairwoman Xiden stuff I've seen on here recently. Respect goes two ways. But you are correct, I took a cheap shot and lowered myself thereby. What's funny is that I agreed with most of Trump's policies...I was just pushing back here to make a point. Wasn't nobody complaining about the Xiden moniker, were they?

As for "true colors", I've never hidden how I feel on here. I just try not to be insulting, but I guess there's a different standard for what's insulting depending on whether you agree with someone or not. Funny now that works.

Anyhow, back to the corner of my Mom's basement lol to teach medical students about therapeutic RNAi and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing. Cheers!
On life expectancy. The majority of COVID deaths are over the life expectancy age. So COVID is not dropping the number that is just math. Maybe the number is dropping from the increase in over dose and suicide amount young people. Maybe the minority number is from the 400% increase in the homicide rate in the big cities. If you can’t see how the narrative on COVID has changed since Biden took over then I can’t help you. What happened to the cnn death meter? Cuomo’s admission to killing seniors is an admission he has used COVID for politics in every aspect of our state. You are in NY, how do you not see this?

More importantly I have a bunch of money in CRISPR and it has done nothing but loose money. What are you doing to reverse this? Can‘t you pull a Cuomo and fudge some numbers to prove it cures cancer or diabetes, I will even take some rare disease that very few have.

These are a circular arguments that can't be won. Like they say, wrestle with a pig and you just get dirty while the pig has fun. Or something like that. Anyhoo, try to knock down one argument and it just shifts to another. Can't we just all agree that China unleashed this virus on us from a lab but that it is also a harmless virus and not a big deal so we should punish China and get back to our life where no one cared about old people dying.

These are a circular arguments that can't be won. Like they say, wrestle with a pig and you just get dirty while the pig has fun. Or something like that. Anyhoo, try to knock down one argument and it just shifts to another. Can't we just all agree that China unleashed this virus on us from a lab but that it is also a harmless virus and not a big deal so we should punish China and get back to our life where no one cared about old people dying.
Noble to be the first to turn the other cheek. Good on you.

On life expectancy. The majority of COVID deaths are over the life expectancy age. So COVID is not dropping the number that is just math. Maybe the number is dropping from the increase in over dose and suicide amount young people. Maybe the minority number is from the 400% increase in the homicide rate in the big cities. If you can’t see how the narrative on COVID has changed since Biden took over then I can’t help you. What happened to the cnn death meter? Cuomo’s admission to killing seniors is an admission he has used COVID for politics in every aspect of our state. You are in NY, how do you not see this?

More importantly I have a bunch of money in CRISPR and it has done nothing but loose money. What are you doing to reverse this? Can‘t you pull a Cuomo and fudge some numbers to prove it cures cancer or diabetes, I will even take some rare disease that very few have.

Some good points, some not. People who die over the life expectancy age absolutely do contribute to it, and it's not just math. Kaplan-Meyer analysis. We do it all the time.

But the concept that increased deaths from non-COVID related issues might impact the curve disproportionately has some merit. I'm going to parse the data today to see how much impact deaths from varying age groups have on decreased life expectancy. Could be interesting. I will do the same for excess deaths, since that's the other metric that's commonly touted.

As for the narrative, you are preaching to the choir. I see exactly how it's changed since Biden assumed office. But I pay very little attention to the public narrative as voiced by the politicians. My opinions tend to be driven by aggregate data from (hopefully) independent sources. Now, that doesn't mean my interpretation can't be flawed, or even totally wrong. Always learning or never learning.

The Cuomo idiocy is because he is and always has been a bully. The emperor himself. He suffers from the Enron "smartest one in the room" syndrome, and he doesn't know how to back down. I'm not completely buying the right's narrative that he cost us thousands of lives...there are arguable reasons to suspect the outcomes would have been similar regardless, but that's not important to appreciate the concept that he made a mistake and he won't own it. Any good will from his initial transparency during the first wave disappeared long ago.

Knehrke- Thanks for trying to apply science and reason to a topic overtaken by emotion and weird politics. What I don't understand is that these same people will believe a soil test, often conducted by land grant universities (commie organizations for sure). Then they actually apply lime and fertilizer based on those tests!! Don't they know its all a conspiracy to get us to buy lime!

It's not that we thought the virus itself would change after election, but the way politicians and the media would treat it. Others have mentioned how bars and restaurants in several blue states were opened after the 20th.

Now the media begins to write stories about how the president doesn't have any actual control over it. So it went from blame Trump for every death, to there's nothing President Biden can do about it.

Some good points, some not. People who die over the life expectancy age absolutely do contribute to it, and it's not just math. Kaplan-Meyer analysis. We do it all the time.

But the concept that increased deaths from non-COVID related issues might impact the curve disproportionately has some merit. I'm going to parse the data today to see how much impact deaths from varying age groups have on decreased life expectancy. Could be interesting. I will do the same for excess deaths, since that's the other metric that's commonly touted.

As for the narrative, you are preaching to the choir. I see exactly how it's changed since Biden assumed office. But I pay very little attention to the public narrative as voiced by the politicians. My opinions tend to be driven by aggregate data from (hopefully) independent sources. Now, that doesn't mean my interpretation can't be flawed, or even totally wrong. Always learning or never learning.

The Cuomo idiocy is because he is and always has been a bully. The emperor himself. He suffers from the Enron "smartest one in the room" syndrome, and he doesn't know how to back down. I'm not completely buying the right's narrative that he cost us thousands of lives...there are arguable reasons to suspect the outcomes would have been similar regardless, but that's not important to appreciate the concept that he made a mistake and he won't own it. Any good will from his initial transparency during the first wave disappeared long ago.
You ignored the most important part of my post. What is going on with crispr? When is the next big break through coming. I know crazy to think a Trump guy cares about the science.

Status
Not open for further replies.