Copper or aluminum tags?

D

dipper

which is better copper or aluminum tags? I can get them for around the same price. 100/ $15

i don't know, maybe string to start in case the graft doesn't take. I've been too cheap to buy tags in the past. I've used just a graphite pencil and plastic in the past.

One of the experts here gave me the vinyl siding and pencil idea. It works great.

One of the experts here gave me the vinyl siding and pencil idea. It works great.
Just don't let the neighbor see you cutting a section of siding from the house.

Yup but I'm stepping up my game this year alitle so I need something a little easier

Just don't let the neighbor see you cutting a section of siding from the house.
My neighbors all have roofing tin or patical board for siding!

just a thought... no one will steal aluminum for the recycling value...I think.

Carving into roofing tin would be somewhat of an issue I think. You can get 100 tags for $15-$20 including shipping.

which is better copper or aluminum tags? I can get them for around the same price. 100/ $15

Where did you see those tags Dipper?

IOT-100.jpg

MA VT Flatlander that is exactly what I use and they work great as I attach to my tree cages for now. It may scare a few critters away too as they sometimes flap in breeze. They also reflect the spotlight as well so that can give you a thrill once in a while at night :eek:

Copper can very quickly kill a tree. I would be worried that it could leach off of the tag.

The Impresso tags work good.

The Impresso tags work good.
I think they are awesome. I put the variety and rootstock on one side and the nursery/graft and date planted on the opposite side

Copper can very quickly kill a tree. I would be worried that it could leach off of the tag.
I was thinking the same thing. Its common around home for people to use copper nails as a herbicide of sorts.

Aluminum....... hey beer cans are made from aluminum! "light bulb"!!!!!

Nice Burr, Nice! I'm gonna get started tonight and by the weekend have more beer cans......I mean tree tags.......than I know what to do with!

Nice Burr, Nice! I'm gonna get started tonight and by the weekend have more beer cans......I mean tree tags.......than I know what to do with!
Remember that if you ever intend to sell one apple, the beer purchase could be a business expense!