Colorado Elk Down

Daydreamer

5 year old buck +
Was able to shoot this cow at 17 yards in the heart on Sunday, Aug 30th in Colorado. Great trip. My dad also shot a cow on The 31st.

7b5b1a52d9a4317ec90ecb003bfe860c.jpg

Was nice to get the monkey off my back as this was my first elk.
Did hear some bugling most days as well.

Pic of camp:

7947a1fe3eb2ec55bf983f8f7e6652ea.jpg

Some scenery shots
434e4601e9da23ec9ed6621eca64b97c.jpg

32e94dcc839285599c4311e9480f0cd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job, congrats! Thanks for sharing, love the pics.

Congrats! Nothing like a freezer full of elk.

Nice work!

Oh the freezer is full all right, good news/bad news, I have a 1/4 grass fed beef coming in November as well.
Sure takes the pressure off of shooting a deer.

You better get on eating some of that elk then! BTW, you can ship me some if it absolutely won't fit when the beef comes. I'll PM you my address...;):D You could always cube up some of the less tender cuts from that elk and run it through the pressure canner. Then you can store it in the pantry instead of the freezer.

Nice.

How many times u make it to the other side of that ravine u are glassing?

Ha! Good question. Answer is zero. We glass for fun the night before opener and actually stand hunt for these elk. We Bring our deer tactics to the western mountains. Find well traveled benches on north facing mountains.

Congrats!

Ha! Good question. Answer is zero. We glass for fun the night before opener and actually stand hunt for these elk. We Bring our deer tactics to the western mountains. Find well traveled benches on north facing mountains.

Good job, but that takes the fun out of it haha

Congrats, nice pics.

some good eating right there! its been a long time since i had some elk! congrats!

That is awesome. Glad you had success. My wife has some family out in Colorado and I tell her if I have to travel that far to see her family.......I'm shooting something in the process! I think she fears for her family - and that isn't entirely out of the question! Lots of neat critters to hunt out there. I fear I would go out and not want to come home!

Congrats and nice job on the pictures.

Good job, but that takes the fun out of it haha

I agree.

Any elk is a good elk to shoot. I wouldn't pass anything unless I was hunting draw unit. So great job on the elk and the method. But if I hear bugling, I'm going after them. There is nothing more exciting than a slobbering screaming bull within 30 yards.

Awesome!! Elk steaks on the grill