Clethodim - surprise surprise - tick tok

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I have never had Clethodim not work. I have sprayed it at 8,10 and 12 ounces per acre. But, Mother of Pearl every time I use it I think it isn’t going to work. I sprayed 12 ounces per acre last week, and I admit I should have waited. There was a chance of rain - low but still a chance- and it did rain about one hour after I sprayed. This week to be certain I killed the grass I sprayed another 10 ounces per acre. So far the grass looks like it is winning. But, I am pretty sure it will not.

So when you spray how long does it normally take for Clethodim to work. I have never sprayed this late in the year either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven’t sprayed this late either, but (depending on what type of grass it is) I’d say it’s still growing so it should be able to be killed. 10-14 days I think is when I start noticeably seeing the grass starting to brown out. With the double helping, I doubt your grass stands a chance. Haha

I’ve waited two weeks in July for any signs. May take some time to show this late in the game. Like DJN says depending on the grass it should work. Cool season is still alive. Warm season is shutting down.
You may not know until spring.

clethodim works very well for me.......but very sloooooooooooooowly........

bill

Depends on the maturity of the plant. I have had it take 3 weeks or so on mature grasses. Hopefully you got it on before the grass was starting to go dormant.

The cool-season grasses should get smoked, but it may take awhile. As warm-season grasses go into dormancy, a herbicide can work really well or not at all depending on the mode of action. You probably won't know how it does on warm-season grasses until green-up in the spring. If you do see things greening up and growing in the spring, that is when I would hit it with clethodim. That is when warm-season grasses are the most vulnerable.

I agree with all comments - thanks

And another good use for trail cams is to let you know when you sprayed. I just looked and it wasnt as long as I thought. I sprayed 9/29 and 10/3.