Cleaning pruners

NY_Terrence

5 year old buck +
What are best practices for cleaning pruners? I pour hydrogen peroxide on them after each tree and wipe off with a towel. It's slow and messy to "pour" and I am always worried that "disease" on towel will spread. What do YOU do?

Per my recent seminar at Penn State Biglerville they said during dormant season there is no need to clean pruners between cuttings. I am sure not everyone buys it but they said even when cutting trees with cankers and fb there is not a need. NOTE....... During dormant season!!!!!!!!!!

That is GREAT news. Glad I asked the question!

I have read the same thing that Aero posted in other sources as well. Lysol concentrate that you buy at the store works as well as anything. I read a university study last year I will see if I saved it somewhere. They tested household products, bleach, peroxide, lysol, etcc and found that most everything worked but some things are more likely to cause rust on equipment.

Apparently the bacteria is not active at such cold temps is the rational and the people said that many product damage pruning tools

I use some stuff called ez-cut that I bought on Amazon. Disinfectant, prevents rust, lubricant, cleaner, comes in a small spray bottle. It appears to work well on my felcos.