Cheap ladder stands

How do you wrap up the joints with duct tape? Just wrap the whole joint or wrap the male end before sticking it in? I have a Muddy ladder stand and that is my only real complaint about it, is that it creaks and clanks when I climb the ladder.
Yes, I wrap the entire joint about 2-3 times. That way it keeps the pin from rattling and helps keep it from flexing when weight is add or taken away during climb. Quick fix for cheap stands

I usually get rid of the pins and put bolts in their place but I’ll keep the tape idea in the back of the mind.

I cant find a 2 person stand anywhere, no matter the brand. Everyone is sold out. there are a few 1 person stands, but I fit better in a 2 person.

Anyone know if they still make a ladder with a flip up seat,would prefer the metal seat but don't see any,I usually carry a sawsall when putting up so I can cut length I want,I keep mine in the 12-14 foot high range

Anyone know if they still make a ladder with a flip up seat,would prefer the metal seat but don't see any,I usually carry a sawsall when putting up so I can cut length I want,I keep mine in the 12-14 foot high range
Sportsman’s guide has several ladder stands to choose from. This 15’ with mesh seat flips up and is much more comfortable and warm than a metal seat. We have some Muddy two man stands with similar seats and like them very much.
63AC95F7-A371-4562-804C-E1F70B8A99FE.jpeghttps://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-155-ladder-stand-with-mesh-seat?a=2227492

X-stands are great. You can lock on the tree before you ever go up and put a ratchet strap on the top. My friend bought a two man 8 years ago and it is still in great shape. I've had several of the one man ladder X-stands and they are in good shape. River's Edge are solid but don't clamp on before your first trip up. I've had Big Game and River's Edge and have converted to all X-stands. But my time in a tree is coming to a end. To old and blinds are nice.

Iu have 2 stands very similar toeh the big game one. They do seem a touch flimsy, but survived many a sitting on them. I got basically the same stand, but a metal seat and it's a walmart special one. Body is made the same shape with the same size tubing.

Adult and a kid is ok. Two 20 somethings that dont weigh much would be ok.

shooting rest is a bit flimsy. Might need to modify it to make it sit where you want it.

I hve one that got bent up a bit while backing a utv up during moving the stand. I only use the 6ft top iece because of it. IT's the best seat in the house at camp. Overlooking 200 yards of winter rye snowmobile trail. Even a bit mangled up it hold up ok.

Spray foam inside the pieces quiets them down some. Get the ringyness out of them. Underbody coating in the mating tube holes queits them too. Thwe trick to a quiet stand is good level footing, and good ratches straps on the tree stabilizer section. And a good size tree that doesnt sway much too!

12 years hunting the farm. Lots of ladder stands. Started out with the cheapo Sportsman's Guide stands. Ladders rusted out within 5 years. Threw the last one away this year. If you were hunting my place today and sitting in a ladder stand you would be sitting in a Family Traditions, Millennium, Rivers Edge or one X-Stand. For comfort and fold-away seat for bowhunting, Rivers Edge Lockdown Pro and Millennium gets the nod. For durability - Family Traditions LD14 with the 41" extension. Family Traditions are the simplest design and easy to assemble. Make in USA but pricey. They never show any signs of rust and first one was put out in 2012.