Cheap ladder stands

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I need to add a ladder stand, and I know this is the wrong time of the year to find a deal on a good one, so I just want an inexpensive one that is decent. Anyone have anything good to say about Big Game ladder stands? Such as this one?

View attachment 38180
My in-laws bought me a 2 person big game ladderstand for Christmas one year. I can honestly say it is the worst,cheapest, stand I have ever been in. Nobody will even sit in it, because they don't feel safe. I personally have mostly rivers edge and have been happy with all of them. Also have a hawk that is heavy but very we'll made. We have a muddy 2 man that is ok, doesn't have a very comfortable seat. I would strongly suggest any other stand than a cheap big game. I would try to spend a little extra and get a decent stand. It is worth the safety and comfort

My in-laws bought me a 2 person big game ladderstand for Christmas one year. I can honestly say it is the worst,cheapest, stand I have ever been in. Nobody will even sit in it, because they don't feel safe. I personally have mostly rivers edge and have been happy with all of them. Also have a hawk that is heavy but very we'll made. We have a muddy 2 man that is ok, doesn't have a very comfortable seat. I would strongly suggest any other stand than a cheap big game. I would try to spend a little extra and get a decent stand. It is worth the safety and comfort

What is your thoughts on this? I am trying to find something for this weekend, so I am limited to places around me that sell stands.

What is your thoughts on this? I am trying to find something for this weekend, so I am limited to places around me that sell stands.

Farm and fleet has the 2man with the bigger platform for $229. I really like the bigger platform for turning/shooting a bow from either side. It has 5 star reviews. They have a cheap one with the smaller platform for $ 169. I just don't care for them.

Farm and fleet has the 2man with the bigger platform for $229. I really like the bigger platform for turning/shooting a bow from either side. It has 5 star reviews. They have a cheap one with the smaller platform for $ 169. I just don't care for them.
I didn't see the millennium attachment. I'm not familiar with them, I can guarantee you it's a way better stand than the big game. Seems pricey thou. For that price I would get a hawk or rivers edge with the larger platform

I need to add a ladder stand, and I know this is the wrong time of the year to find a deal on a good one, so I just want an inexpensive one that is decent. Anyone have anything good to say about Big Game ladder stands? Such as this one?

View attachment 38180
I have that stand and really like it. I think the seat is comfortable and plenty of extra room for gear with the 2 seater. It's been out year round for at least 5 years with no issues. Would buy another.

I have the Muddy 1.5's that are very similar to that and really like them.

There is a recall on Big Game...I do not own any so I did not read the article. I have a Muddy and a Field and Stream 1.5 size....Love them...I am starting to switch out from all of my lok-ons to ladders with them.

There is a recall on Big Game...I do not own any so I did not read the article. I have a Muddy and a Field and Stream 1.5 size....Love them...I am starting to switch out from all of my lok-ons to ladders with them.
I don't see any recent recalls, just old articles from 2015. Do you have a link?

I use the el cheapo models from Menards. Usually get them for about $50-$60 each. I know they aren’t fancy but they work just fine. I use those spring clips for the ladders and then wrap gorilla black tape around anywhere that has a joint or a clip. Keeps them very quiet.
For portables, I use Lone Wolf Alpha and climbing sticks.

View attachment 38180
I shot my buck Sunday out of that exact stand. My daughter and I usually sit in it. I have had it in multiple location over 5 years and it is still holding up strong. I thought the fabric seats would be toast by now but they are still good to go.

I shot my buck Sunday out of that exact stand. My daughter and I usually sit in it. I have had it in multiple location over 5 years and it is still holding up strong. I thought the fabric seats would be toast by now but they are still good to go.
That's not the same big game I have. Mine is gray with a bigger platform. This stand has left such a bad taste in my mouth that I will never by a stand built by big game. It was over $ 200 5 years ago. How they would put out a product this cheap and poorly designed is beyond me.

Big game stands are not the best, but we have several . They work, we’ve shot quite a few deer out of those stands.

I have one not the same, but similar. I've actually been pretty happy with it and would get more.

I really like the Big Game Hunter HD 1.5. Not that expensive but solid and very comfortable.

I really like the Big Game Hunter HD 1.5. Not that expensive but solid and very comfortable.
It's probably one of the better values for a ladder stand out there.

I wish Gorilla still made stands. We have a two person Gorilla that is the most solid stand on our property. The thing is practically a tree house.

Primal Mac daddy

I have tons of the $50 ladder you could get a dickssporting goods but can’t find them anymore

I use the el cheapo models from Menards. Usually get them for about $50-$60 each. I know they aren’t fancy but they work just fine. I use those spring clips for the ladders and then wrap gorilla black tape around anywhere that has a joint or a clip. Keeps them very quiet.
For portables, I use Lone Wolf Alpha and climbing sticks.
How do you wrap up the joints with duct tape? Just wrap the whole joint or wrap the male end before sticking it in? I have a Muddy ladder stand and that is my only real complaint about it, is that it creaks and clanks when I climb the ladder.