Cereal rye price this year

Crimson n' Camo

5 year old buck +
I've heard there's a shortage of cereal rye this year and the price is gonna be really jacked up. I hope this isn't true. Has anyone else heard this???

I paid 16.50 for a 50 pound bag through Merit. Not sure if it’s good or bad

That's a little high but not like I was being told. I heard it was gonna be well over $20. I think I got it for around $12 last year.

It adds up quick. I feel for you the guys planting larger plots. The rewards are well worth the end results.

I've seen some on CL for $7-10/bushel bin run. That's about normal but I also heard there was going to be a shortage and high prices.

$14 for a 50# bag here.

I bought bin run in Michigan, $7.50/bu. It was close to $20/bu certified seed.

Are you talking annual WR or perennial rye grass?

$13.20 a bushel here in Ohio (56 lbs)

$16.5 a bushel last weekend in Cook MN

I just picked mine up today. I called around as prices vary. The cheapest I found was $17 per bag.

I just picked up two 50 pound bags of WR for $16 each from Deer Creek Seed company in Windsor, WI. Same price as last year. The office gentleman indicated that the company has more semi loads of it coming in soon.

I "Always" pay $20 plus a bag because it's hard to find in my area. This year I found a guy that gets bulk and bags it. $12 for a 50 lbs bag. I have a new supplier.

$16 for 56lb bag in western NC, up a few dollars from last year according to my coop.

I haven't picked mine up yet but hear of 15.50 bushel here.

I haven't bought for camp yet, so I don't know local prices. I WILL say - around here I see many more farmers that had WR planted as a cover crop last winter into early spring. And I'm talking lots more than I ever saw in past years. I think farmers are smarter on soil health and conservation these days. It used to be common to see bare fields in winter around here. Now in winter - everything's got WR in it. More demand has prices ^^^ ??

Paid $14 each for 50 lb bags last week. Same place wanted $24 for 50 lb bags of wheat.

$11.95 for a $50 bag of WR at West Bend Elevator in WI. Pretty much the same price as the last couple of years.

50# Winter Rye $13
50# Winter Wheat $15
50# Winter Barley $23

I get my seed from a local CO-OP who gets it from Albert Lea.