Cellular trail cameras

Corey Peterson

5 year old buck +
Anybody have recommendations on cellular cameras? I currently have a Bushnell HD cell camera and I really don’t like it. Takes forever for it to connect in the field and runs on ATT service which is spotty at best. Also we have a law that we can’t recieve pictures the same day we hunt so having the ability to either set it a calendar day behind or the ability stop and start transmission remotely would be a plus.

Only cell cam I've owned is Covert. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I'm using the Cuddelink now, still learning and figuring it out.

Only cell cam I've owned is Covert. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I'm using the Cuddelink now, still learning and figuring it out.

I have had good luck with my coverts. I have had to call them a couple times, and I had to exchange a couple, but I never had an issue with their CS at all, I would call, and get a live person. I have ran them since 2013, I have had 5 at a time out, and hardly ran into issues at all. A set of batteries lasts at least 4-6 months, depending on picture count.

Another thing with the covert cams, is if they are out of the 2 year warranty, they exchange them for $150 tonthe newest model.

Another thing with the covert cams, is if they are out of the 2 year warranty, they exchange them for $150 tonthe newest model.
Do the covert cameras use an app to control them? Can you adjust the when it sends the pictures or start and stop remotely?

I have 2 Spartan go cams and like them. The setup is easy, data plan is $25 for 3 months. I can run them on solar panels and last all hunting season. The app works great.

Do the covert cameras use an app to control them? Can you adjust the when it sends the pictures or start and stop remotely?

FA85AF23-B1BA-45F1-AC64-2F6644817117.png

Yes it runs on an app. You can adjust it so The sensitivity is off, and shouldn’t pick up anything, and only allow 1 picture a day max. So if it does take a picture, it will only send one for the day. I pay about $5 per camera per month for the contract, but there is cheaper ones, and more expensive ones to fit your picture amounts, and the amount of cameras you have on it.

I will admit when the Coverts first came out, they where finicky, but now it takes less then 5 minutes to have the cameras up and going. They have Verizon, and Att cameras. Daytime pictures are really good, night time picture are decent enough.

Some people complain of their CS, but I will tell you when I call, I get a live person 90% of the time within 3 rings. I will admit, they suck at returning phone messages, so if you don’t get someone live when calling, call back, rather then waiting for them to call you. They have been more helpful anytime I needed them.

Nice thanks for the screen shot. It's aggravating that you can't see how the app works until after you buy the cameras.

Nice thanks for the screen shot. It's aggravating that you can't see how the app works until after you buy the cameras.

There are several videos on youtube that walk you through.

I have a covert code black for sale if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your guys thoughts on these cameras when cell service is mediocre, say 2 bars outside?

What are your guys thoughts on these cameras when cell service is mediocre, say 2 bars outside?

For the Spartans, it seems like if it has service it transmits. The only time it doesn’t seem to transmit every picture for me is when the batteries start to get pretty low.

Cuddelink Cell best cell cam hands down
run up to 16 cameras on one cell plan

I saw your ad, but being I am running 5 cameras now, and I have some that are 3 years old, I just send them in, and upgrade the older cameras for $150. This way it only costs me $150 to get a new camera, with all of the new technology every 3 years. No need to spend several hundred to buy a different camera.

Cuddelink Cell best cell cam hands down
run up to 16 cameras on one cell plan

Yes plan wise and if you have spotty cell reception for sure. Other cams can send higher resolution images, have an app that can control settings for the camera, request HD images and if someone only wants to run only a couple (2 or 3) cell cams and has the reception to do it then I think spartan/covert cell cams are better than the cuddelink system. Just my two cents. I actually have both systems but haven’t upgrade my cuddelink system to cell yet but I absolutely plan too and run both. To me cuddelink thumbnail res isn’t good enough for food plots and just sufficient enough for trail use. If they put firmware out that would send a higher res thumbnail. Then I would support it completely hands down. (Cuddeback I know your watching)

I just saw that Covert has a new cell camera coming out in March it was the E1 or something like that with a lower cost (MSRP was 300). Guess I'll wait and see what that looks like. Primos was suppose to have a low cost cell camera out this year too but something must have happened because they are back ordered everywhere. Has anybody tried the cellular Stealth cams?

Hoping to get a stealth cam within the next month to see. They are priced right. Sounds like the app has had issues though.

I saw your ad, but being I am running 5 cameras now, and I have some that are 3 years old, I just send them in, and upgrade the older cameras for $150. This way it only costs me $150 to get a new camera, with all of the new technology every 3 years. No need to spend several hundred to buy a different camera.

True...but then you still have the same number of cameras...you could have 6