Bug ID

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Anybody know what this catipiller is? Gonna hit it with some Imidan after the rain. FD8CB802-3DEF-4E6F-B5BC-09A876FDFBFC.png

looks like a tent caterpillar to me

Looks like some sort of looper, to me.

The ones that I am familiar with can give you a pretty good pinch.

......looks like bait to me

bill

The past two weeks have been pretty rough for my young oaks and apples with these tent caterpillars. I've sprayed with neem oil a couple of times and manually removed them, but I still get a couple off each day. They're frustrating. They partially defoliated a couple of my SWO seedlings in tubes and hit a burenglish pretty good. I'm waiting for the impending arrival of the Japanese beetles on my chestnut trees.

Found this guy eating my grafted trees yesterday, he’s dead now!
9E60A3A9-79D4-4AF2-913A-C8E3800114A6.jpeg

BuckSnort,

You probably already know that your now deceased guest was a Forest tent caterpillar. The white footprint-shaped markings are characteristic.

Last edited:
BuckSnort,

You probably already know that your now deceased guest was a Forest tent caterpillar. The white footprint-shaped markings are characteristic.
The one that really did some damage I had to look up, I believe it was a cabbage worm. It cut all the leaves off one of my grafted trees at the stem, it is coming back now but I was afraid it was going to die!

Here is the latest arrival to the party. These are a new one for me. The Sevin helped a lot on the last batch of insects! Thoughts?? EE989F14-3760-4E68-A93C-3FC123CF14EA.jpeg

Some sort of leafhopper, maybe?