Buddy heater and rain?

bueller

I've got a big buddy heater up in my stand and its supposed to rain pretty good here on Thursday. Would water damage the heater if I leave it in the stand?

Depends on how good of a roof u have?

I own a couple of them. I don't think rain would do much to them. Just dry it out good when finished.

Sent from my 8g phone.

I brought it in. Going to build a shelf over it for next year. That will also help redirect the heat out instead of up.

Put a plastic bag over it after it cooled down. You concern would be the propane jet corroding over time, or moisture building up in the gas line.

I brought it in. Going to build a shelf over it for next year. That will also help redirect the heat out instead of up.
Those things get super hot directly above the unit. I would keep everything away from them.

I was thinking 4-6" clearance above the heater for the shelf. I haven't found the need to run it constantly, more like 5 minutes bursts. Maybe I should line the bottom of the shelf with foil.

I was thinking 4-6" clearance above the heater for the shelf. I haven't found the need to run it constantly, more like 5 minutes bursts. Maybe I should line the bottom of the shelf with foil.
If u want to fry an egg.....
I wouldn't huge fire hazard

The manufacture recommends 30" top clearance if I remember right.

The manufacture recommends 30" top clearance if I remember right.
Wow. I'm sure I could cut that down some since its not running constantly but a foot of less like I was thinking may not work.