Brush Cutter

mtholton

5 year old buck +
Hi All,

Just wanted to share something that worked good for me this past weekend.

I purchased a Gator Brush Cutter head for my Stihl (Stihl requires a free adapter that they will send you) weed whipper. I was very impressed from my first day of use (four tanks of gas worth). I needed something to clear brush and blackberries from old overgrown logging trails. This thing worked great. I was even able to slice through smaller trees with no issue (probably not the best thing to do), but since the areas I was working in were pure thorns, it was nice to be able to stand back and let it rip. For $20 I already got my money out of it. The pic is the type of stuff I was working in.

For small jobs I'm impressed.

This is where I got it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VRZTKY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• blackberries.jpeg
    blackberries.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 30
OK just a heads up on these things, yes they can work pretty well

BUT< they add a LOT more stress to the weedwacker attachment point, and no lie,
I was using one like this, different brand, and the mounting point on the weedwacker, came off and that thing went flying off into woods, Got super lucky ot didn't come off and hit me in the ankle, as that could have been a visit to the ER and I was in no where lands alone when it came off!

seems the added stress, cause the fitting to come loose and pop out, wasn't a cheap weed wacker either, but wasn't designed for being used as a brush cutter, so it failed!

so be safe and check every so often is my advice here,

Good feedback. The thing gets humming and I thought it would be deadly if it came undone when I first fired it up. Checked it as I went to make sure it was on tight, but I'll keep doing that.

and just to be clear, it wasn't the left threaded bolt , that holds it on that came loose, it was the whole head assembly/bearing like that came out of the unit, all that vibration seemed to walked the bearing out holding the unit together, and it went a flying LOL

just glad it didn't hit me< as I think it would have been ugly!

I had a different brand with the same idea. I guess I asked to much of it because the blades didn't last long. I bent them bad. Not that I would abuse equipment but if memory serves me I was hacking things larger than blackberry.

Be safe with it.