All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broadcasting crimson clover?

I bought a 50 lb bag of crimson this summer and I've been mixing it with rye to overseed my soybeans and fall plots. Been putting on about 50lbs/acre rye and 6 lbs/acre crimson. We've been so dry that I don't have high hopes, but I'm mostly looking for healthy soil and weed suppression in spring.

Just my two cents, but how are you seeding it? If you are broadcasting and the gate is open far enough to allow the rye to go through, then it always let all my clover seed vibrate to the bottom and out too soon. Never got an even application mixing grains and clovers. Has it worked for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my two cents, but how are you seeding it? If you are broadcasting and the gate is open far enough to allow the rye to go through, then it always let all my clover seed vibrate to the bottom and out too soon. Never got an even application mixing grains and clovers. Has it worked for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I broadcasted them separately. Finally got some appreciable rain yesterday and the crimson seeds today were opened up even more so than the rye.
Will need some more rain in the next week or sooner to keep the small seeds from burning up I'm sure. Next weekend's forecast looks good.