Box Blinds at Menards

found a bit more info on the subject blind. Go to their site at terrain.com Michigan company that makes plastic outdoor products. I kinda like what they offer.....if I could just get close to better look. :rolleyes: Menards has specs on their site. Could see some guys like MO whom have a hard time to access land use something like this.....only 70 lbs and wing-bolt field assembly......or make it permanent on a elevated platform.

terrrain hunting-blind-6.jpg

Someone had one on their trailer with two other blinds in the parking lot today. Then they pulled up with a second trailer with at least a bunk worth of green treated 4x's.

I had to get back to Discount to get a nail removed or I would've stopped to chat.

Today, I heard an ad for 11% off of most everything at Menards.

Hmmmm. $400. for a box blind? Not too shabby.

That's ok by me. It's not like I won't ever need to spend money at Menards again. Hell, I'll probably be in there 2 or 3 times THIS week. Very tempting to try one of these blinds.

I'm interested in one like this just for a gun blind. I was even thinking about the maverick just for gun. But this might be better.

Ok Foggy, I live in W MI which certainly isn't as cold as MN when the snow and nasty cold air comes. However the inside of this thing screams freezing cold, lol.

You'd have to insulate the hell out of this thing to hold heat.

1758763interior.jpg

Ok Foggy, I live in W MI which certainly isn't as cold as MN when the snow and nasty cold air comes. However the inside of this thing screams freezing cold, lol.

Just put your HBS on and relax. At least you are out of the wind.

If I didn't add some foam insulation to the inside I would paint the inside black for sure just to make it darker and hide movement.

1758763interior.jpg
I don't know. It looks like my ice shanty and that thing stays toasty warm with a buddy heater sitting on 12" of ice.

We have several rotomolded plastic blinds. We put carpet on the floors.....and put a buddy heater in them. They are not toasty like your living room.....but we stay reasonably comfortable in "0" temps. Not sure what you expect? We leave some windows open. I take my gloves off. Beats sitting on a ladder stand. ;) I don't see insulation having much value for warmth.

Little buddy heater would have that blind toasted warm.

I recently bought one of these. The hexagon design. I will report back on its quality, assembly, and such. Worst case, I bet it makes a great portable ice house for pond fishing. Weighing in at only 125lb

Yes. Please let us know. Thanks.

Looks like regular price is $400 now without rebate.

holy spray foam. wow!!! Blind looks cool, looks like you went HAM on the foam though.

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the pentagon shape from Menards a couple weeks ago for an elevated blind I was building.

I had gone to the lumber desk and had them ring up 8 sheets of plywood and a bunch of 2/4's. The total for the lumber alone was over $300, that didn't include windows or any kind of finish to protect the wood. After leaving the lumber desk I walked by the pentagon shaped blind from the same guys you are discussing here.

I promptly went back to the desk and got rid of most of the wood and had them add a blind :)

Here's the finished product:
Mobile Blind.jpeg

It isn't insulated in any way, but I've stayed nice and warm in pop-up blinds in the past with a little buddy heater. This thing will be much warmer than a fabric blind.

I finished it in time for the Wisconsin 2 day youth season. Jake connected with a buck on Sunday night!

Jake Buck.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality, it was getting dark and all I had was my phone!

-John

Congrats to Jake

That is quite the elevated blind John. Maybe its the angle but I don't see a tongue on that unit, how do you turn with that thing? I imagine that's for field edges?

I've wanted to build a couple transportable hay bale blinds to put in my prairie grass but have not gotten to it yet.

Nice deer Jake, congrats.

Do they make one with bow windows at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk