All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Box Blinds at Menards

Finally got one of these elevated.
a61fed2657130952ffedc4f6c2a7d55a.jpg
5ba92a5289f3a08a250d80326892c962.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got one of these elevated.
a61fed2657130952ffedc4f6c2a7d55a.jpg
5ba92a5289f3a08a250d80326892c962.jpg

How far are those poles in the ground?

Are those old telephone poles

Are those old telephone poles

No, they're white cedar posts we cut from the property.

No, they're white cedar posts we cut from the property.

So the bucket loader goes up 11" ... how did you make up the difference to the stand platform?

Funny you should ask. We tied a rope around the base and slid it up the ladder by pulling the rope with the truck. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't osha approved. But we made it work.

I'm not going to lie, it wasn't osha approved. But we made it work.

My wife says that alot about my projects! She works in a facility where OSHA tells you how to do everything.

Your blind looks like a phone booth way up there in the sky!:)

For those that have asked, I checked out our blind yesterday in preparation for the youth hunt today. The blind seems to have weathered a year outside with no effects. Looks just like the day we pulled it out of the box:

(edit: fixed the image)

a60eab2f2539f4f222a81f22721b842b.jpg

Last edited:
I just picked up the Pentagon version. Haven't put it together yet. After sale and rebate, 500$, and the next day they started the 11% discount, so I got the form to mail in for that as well. Pretty good deal. I'll be doing some mods to it as well. Might turn into a winter project to get it done.

Any updates on how these blinds are holding up out in the elements?

Ours are holding up quite well. Last year on the rifle opener we had 35mph winds and it was solid. Also I have seen rumors of 75mph wind gusts at the property this spring and they still upright. I will note that all of ours have been spray foam insulated so that adds some rigidity to their structure. If you are really worried about it, it would be easy enough to make a wooden frame inside to give them some structural support.

I've gotta figure something out for the windows. Every time it rains, any rain that hits them goes right into the blind. Anyone resolved this yet? Maybe form some facia or similar and use a riveting gun?

I have a Hughe's blind with the same dimensions that looks similar. The size of the blind is fine for me but is too short for taller people. Two of my buddies are over 6 foot and they have to leave the door open to stretch out their feet after sitting for sometime.