All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Box Blinds at Menards

I was hoping to be able to stand on the platform vs standing on the ladder to open/close the door. But that would require the platform to be quite a bit larger.

Can someone that has one of these guidesman talk about how the windows work and if they are decent?
windows are hinged on the bottom and held closed by two swivels on the top. The Windows are some type of plexiglass. Simple design and functional.

windows are hinged on the bottom and held closed by two swivels on the top. The Windows are some type of plexiglass. Simple design and functional.

Quiet? Would you be able to open them when a deer is front of you or is that asking too much from them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my platform ready. Just want to upgrade blinds. I think it's big enough for the octagon one.

c57b3413284d548bf8df17c87c146391.jpg

3f6773c9ef612bc45656f5db7d5b8e16.jpg

1a03853b33ef8a0022bba45f74af05cd.jpg

Quiet? Would you be able to open them when a deer is front of you or is that asking too much from them?

I have not tried it with deer outside. They are quiet. The door rattles a little.

We got them spray foamed and painted, now to get them up into the air. The door does rattle a little so we might have to use some weather stripping.

6d82d923f9685c7a317d268b175ffcb7.jpg

88d9bc697363eb0bc8183bb372db23f2.jpg

1ecdf91ee5527beb9a31aceb75507c98.jpg

We got them spray foamed and painted, now to get them up into the air. The door does rattle a little so we might have to use some weather stripping.

6d82d923f9685c7a317d268b175ffcb7.jpg

88d9bc697363eb0bc8183bb372db23f2.jpg

1ecdf91ee5527beb9a31aceb75507c98.jpg

What did you use on the inside?

My sharing who did the work for you and the costs?
I'm not sure off the top of my head, I'll do some digging and see if I can find out for you.

My sharing who did the work for you and the costs?
It was $292 for the pair. I had a relative building a house so we brought them to the site and set them up. I'm not sure at this point who did the work, I'll post that information if I get it.

They cost $521 each insulated, not including paint, floor or elevated platform. We'll put them on cedar posts that we cut from the property, and have to make a ladder.

It was $292 for the pair. I had a relative building a house so we brought them to the site and set them up. I'm not sure at this point who did the work, I'll post that information if I get it.

They cost $521 each insulated, not including paint, floor or elevated platform. We'll put them on cedar posts that we cut from the property, and have to make a ladder.

Thanks!

Anyone ever consider just buying a shed (8x8) and framing in windows to use as a blind?

Tumbleweed-Tiny-House-Village.jpg
My plan was to get in on this tiny house fad and just have one for a deer blind/cabin. That way I don't have to get up so early. Just stay in there the entire time I'm there hunting.

Tumbleweed-Tiny-House-Village.jpg
My plan was to get in on this tiny house fad and just have one for a deer blind/cabin. That way I don't have to get up so early. Just stay in there the entire time I'm there hunting.

Anyone ever consider just buying a shed (8x8) and framing in windows to use as a blind?

Sounds like you guys should be hunting at a deer farm ... all the results with no effort or discomfort extended ... :rolleyes:

Sounds like you guys should be hunting at a deer farm ... all the results with no effort or discomfort extended ... :rolleyes:

Check your sarcasm detector.

HA Ha whew... funny. I only have 70 acres and have worked an incredible number of hours on habitat improvements. Hinge cutting, thinning, trails, planting fruit trees (>80), raspberry patch, food plots. stand maintenance. Always thinking of improvements. Why is the thought that there HAS TO BE DISCOMFORT? I enjoy hunting and all of my projects. Hard work, sometimes dangerous. But enjoy non the less. Forgot about the approx 150 chestnut trees I grew from nuts, then transplanted, caged in thined forest areas..

HA Ha whew... funny. I only have 70 acres and have worked an incredible number of hours on habitat improvements. Hinge cutting, thinning, trails, planting fruit trees (>80), raspberry patch, food plots. stand maintenance. Always thinking of improvements. Why is the thought that there HAS TO BE DISCOMFORT? I enjoy hunting and all of my projects. Hard work, sometimes dangerous. But enjoy non the less. Forgot about the approx 150 chestnut trees I grew from nuts, then transplanted, caged in thined forest areas..

Sounds like you are a gardener, I am a hunter ...

I like to work in my garden and then freeze, can, etc. ... also have lots of property projects and like to plant trees, ... I have never equated planting things with killing animals ... good luck and be safe ... ;)

Sounds like you are a gardener, I am a hunter ...

I like to work in my garden and then freeze, can, etc. ... also have lots of property projects and like to plant trees, ... I have never equated planting things with killing animals ... good luck and be safe ... ;)
Sarcasm, love it....thanks troll

There is a Menard's opening soon very close to me. I will check them out, thanks.

Bought two Redneck hay bale blinds this year and one Muddy. I have had deer very close by already, and turkey.