Bow Stand

kl9

5 year old buck +
Need one additional last minute bow stand. Spent a few days in an uncomfortable stand while bear hunting and now I want the most comfy one I can find. Want a big platform among other things. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about in terms of a hang-on stand instead of a ladder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen a comfortable Hang on.

No comparison to this ladder stand because the back rest is 6" away from the tree. All hang on stands you have the tree for the back rest. No Good!

Have you considered a climber? I have an Ole Man climber that I can sit in all day, I really loved using it. Only bad thing about it is due to health reason a climber is out of the question for me.

If budget is tight, these are not too bad. I have a few of them and they have a super big foot platform, seat folds up to allow full use of the platform.
I cannot stand(no pun intended) a foot platform that I need to concentrate on being sure I dont step off of it.

http://www.menards.com/main/p-2788914-c-13885.htm?tid=-4276380438052864493

Where are you located? I could make you a sweet deal on 2 climbers.

All hang on stands you have the tree for the back rest. No Good!

This is a great stand and does not require the tree s a back rest. Great reviews. Comfortable. And big. I get cramped in most stands...just too small for me. But the Millennium Monster-150 is a nice, big stand. A bit pricey. But you get what you paid for.

http://www.amazon.com/Millennium-M-150-Monster-Hang-On-37-Inch/dp/B00AU6FG6M

This is a great stand and does not require the tree s a back rest. Great reviews. Comfortable. And big. I get cramped in most stands...just too small for me. But the Millennium Monster-150 is a nice, big stand. A bit pricey. But you get what you paid for.

http://www.amazon.com/Millennium-M-150-Monster-Hang-On-37-Inch/dp/B00AU6FG6M

You are right, Probably the best hang on stand out there. My buddy has 2 of these in the next size down I think. He likes them.

But it is still a hang on stand that is high priced making the cost in the $300 range with climbing sticks. Also the uppercut ladder stand is 6" away from the tree with your Head and back, seat is also is 1.5 person wide. For the money, and my age, it would still be the uppercut ladder stand for now.

You are right, Probably the best hang on stand out there. My buddy has 2 of these in the next size down I think. He likes them.

But it is still a hang on stand that is high priced making the cost in the $300 range with climbing sticks. Also the uppercut ladder stand is 6" away from the tree with your Head and back, seat is also is 1.5 person wide. For the money, and my age, it would still be the uppercut ladder stand for now.

I'm with you. I prefer and use ladder stands. I checked out the one you posted. Looks nice. It's high. The foot platform goes all the way back to the tree....I would use one that didn't. Good price. Think I'll try one based on your recommendation.

I have one Millenium Monster 150 I use to be more mobile. I can get it up in 20 minutes with sticks and hunt that night if need be...sit for 2 or 3 days and then move.

I'm with you. I prefer and use ladder stands. I checked out the one you posted. Looks nice. It's high. The foot platform goes all the way back to the tree....I would use one that didn't. Good price. Think I'll try one based on your recommendation.

I have one Millenium Monster 150 I use to be more mobile. I can get it up in 20 minutes with sticks and hunt that night if need be...sit for 2 or 3 days and then move.

Ya, my buddy is young and can still climb trees like a monkey, so hang on stands are not a problem for him. When you get my age and are tired of hanging on the tree with one hand while you try and strap the hang on stand on with the other, you sure appreciate just leaning a ladder stand against the tree and the safety of just climbing right up.

Can one person put up a ladder stand?

Can one person put up a ladder stand?

Not a 21' Uppercut Ladder Stand. Pretty top heavy for one guy to attempt. I put up 17' by myself, but not a 21'

MO, do you get the "bounce" effect when going up the ladder on the Uppercut?

MO, do you get the "bounce" effect when going up the ladder on the Uppercut?

No, they are pretty solid with the 3rd rail down the middle of the steps and the bracing. I really like them.

I also have a muddy bow hunter stand that is 20' high, don't buy one of these. Small platform, and a very narrow ladder. http://www.lancasterarchery.com/muddy-archer-20-ladder-treestand.html

Ya, my buddy is young and can still climb trees like a monkey, so hang on stands are not a problem for him. When you get my age and are tired of hanging on the tree with one hand while you try and strap the hang on stand on with the other, you sure appreciate just leaning a ladder stand against the tree and the safety of just climbing right up.
I've been switching over to ladder stands as well and I even add the life lines. I don't need my dad or my nephews falling out of a stand. I use Big Game Platinum Odyssey 20 footers. They are similar to what Mo posted.

I've been switching over to ladder stands as well and I even add the life lines. I don't need my dad or my nephews falling out of a stand. I use Big Game Platinum Odyssey 20 footers. They are similar to what Mo posted.

What kind of price on those Riggs? They sound interesting?