Bone Dry

I have been watering my apple trees about once a week, but I slacked off. It’s been a couple weeks now, I should probably give them water. But it is a half day job, and I always have other things going on. I have around 30 trees, and most are 7 years or older. Except for the replaced bear damaged trees, and I have been lucky if I get 3-5 trees producing. I keep saying hopefully next year. Maybe it would be a blessing in disguise if they all died, I would turn the orchard back into a food plot. It was more productive then, and easier.
3DDA4D18-3519-4C4F-837D-2A7190E03E82.jpeg

The bear got another one. Three this year.

Well the power of my land broke up and split the line of rain again. We just got a couple splrinkles. Not even enough to get my deck wet. It seems to happen every rain event.
This line was a solid line hundreds of miles long, then right at my land, it splits. B0D4E23E-37F1-43F7-A7F3-6F7DA69C4881.png

The Hayward sucks side of the trax seems to get covered up and not replaced as fast as the Spooner blows side.

Its a Northern Wisconsin treasure for sure :emoji_wink:

Well the power of my land broke up and split the line of rain again. We just got a couple splrinkles. Not even enough to get my deck wet. It seems to happen every rain event.
This line was a solid line hundreds of miles long, then right at my land, it splits. View attachment 36511

The NOAA 7 day precip forecast looks pretty good for ya!

FC5DA026-2725-4CF1-BD1A-CF64D59F78E3.png

I hope so. The forecast has a couple inches for the week. But, I have had the same prediction and it would break up right before it gets to me.

Here's Snodgrass's forecast from today.

Going all in Wednesday to get all my fall rye and clover down. Hopefully hit it right. My ponds are all dried up so 5 or 6 inches would be welcome. Although the ducks are congregating like I have not seen in years so it might make for a nice duck opener if you can find water. Currently hearing thunder in the distance.

I actually got some rain this morning, it wasn’t much, but a few tenths. But I will take it. I am down in Eau Claire dropping my youngest daughter at college. They got 1.5+ so far.

Next weekend I was planning on putting my rye down but there is 0 rain in the forecast so guess I'm holding off. We had Arbor 5 minutes of rain Sat,which was enough to make outside miserable.

My total from yesterday was just under a half inch. Would have loved to have 2-3 times that, but that is the biggest rainfall in a long time that we got here, so I won’t complain. I am hoping we can still get a little more throughout this week, but the chances have dropped already.

We got a nice little 30 minute rain today. Should get the oats germinated that I T&M'd Monday.

Bring it on...

Well I'm sorry if I jinxed us 4WE but I got 150lbs of rye down and 80 lbs of nitrogen on my brassicas last evening. It certainly looks promising
1629989681738.png

Didn't have any real chance of rain yesterday, and I nearly didn't blow off the batwing, but did anyhow. Got probably an inch on the plots and trees. Feeling like a king.

going out tonight to do a couple acres of broadcasting winter rye (some by hand some with a spreader) in the 95 degree (feels like 107 degree) heat, but there are storms around and forecast for the next couple days... I know its a bit early but the areasI am seeding are in pretty cold spots and rain looks hit or miss after the next couple days....