Bone Dry

You northern guys getting anything from Fred? I haven't seen the official measurements but it poured all day yesterday. I bet we got 4-5 inches and we weren't even in the main travel path. Looked like the main part went up through Ohio/western PA
I heard we got close to 1.5" just yesterday in williamsport but I think east of us got more

Not a drop here and none in the 2 week forecast.

Throw n mow plots failing here. Didn't get enough rain to germ most of them. Not much in sight. Probably be another rye to the rescue year. Almost all our summer rain came in 2 massive systems this year, end of June and early July.

Well of course now that I planted, the rains just died in the forecast.. :emoji_rolling_eyes:

It is really dry here. I had planted back in late July, right before a prediction of 5 out of 10 days of rain, we got .2" from all of it. My seed germinated, grew to about a half inch, and now not a sign from any of it. Even my clover plots are crispy dry. I was going to go throw out some winter wheat, winter rye and oats, but I figured it would just end up bear, and bird food. My plots are pretty much bare dirt. I dont like seeing bare black dirt.

Extreme drought has now fully engulfed my land in northern MN, and everything for 50 miles in any direction. About 30-40 miles NW of me they are in D4 (exceptional drought). The crops in the pink circle just north of me in southern MN are COMPLETE shit!!!! There are plenty of fields in that circle that wont get harvested cause there is nothing there. Im gonna try to get about 300 pails of water to my trees this weekend if it looks like they are worth saving. Already lost quite a few. Unsubscribe...

Capture.PNG

Forecast looks good starting tonight and for the next 10 days for our two properties in Kanabec and Itasca County MN. Plots are holding on by a thread in itasca county and I just closed on the Kanabec property a week ago and sprayed/seeded/fertilized/rolled this week. Hoping this next week saves things!

So I broadcasted brassica, turnips, winter wheat 12 days ago. Rain fell through. We got a little rain last night and supposed to get a good rain tonight. Think it'll germinate?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Come on baby, keep going west.
1629494234226.png

Snodgrass doesn't have great confidence that you Dakota and MN guys will get a really good, general coverage system. Good luck to all.

I cant imagine being a farmer when these things actually matter... Went from 0.5" this morning, to over 1" a couple hours ago, to 0.15" now on Wunderground.com

What websites do you guys find best for tracking/predicting these things?

Wunderground is the worst, although I do look at it 50 times a day. It'll crush your hopes nearly always. Weather bug is more accurate. You won't like looking at it as much, because it rarely forecasts rain when you need it most. And it's usually right. I'm sure there are better pay apps but I don't know any of them. Watch Snodgrass Ag Agrible forecasts on YouTube twice a week.

This morning they were predicting storms tonight, and a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. So I decided to put down my season savior crop of winter rye, winter wheat, and oats. Well guess what happened as soon as I came in from planting, sunny the next couple days with very small percentage of rain. Sorry guys, I am sure it was my fault.

Last edited:
We got a great storm last night!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

There was a line that came through last night, but the power of my land made it split, and it went around me. It rained for about a minute last night, but just enough to get the ground wet, nothing in my rain gauge.

There was a line that came through last night, but the power of my land made it split, and it went around me. It rained for about a minute last night, but just enough to get the ground wet, nothing in my rain gauge.

I'm about an hr away from my spot but the internet tells me I got about the same. There is still hope for the rest of this week.

Edit: just found the agrible app that shows predicted rainfall on your parcel of choice over the past 24 hours. Buddy says it has been accurate for him, seems great.

Last edited:
Exact same thing happened to me! :( Im in the pink circle on BuckSutherlands map and I have nothing left. Its the driest its ever been here. Maybe tomorrow....?

Have t checked the forecast since I got home from seeding. (Just finished all of my fall plots).

When I checked this morning there were four days this coming week that were all ove 40% . Dare I look what is forecasted now since I seeded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have t checked the forecast since I got home from seeding. (Just finished all of my fall plots).

When I checked this morning there were four days this coming week that were all ove 40% . Dare I look what is forecasted now since I seeded?

I hope your results are better then mine after I planted my fall plots.

60% for tonight and still have a halfway decent chance for the rest of the week. The thatch layer rolled on top of the seed will sure help.