Black Boar ATV Implements

mtholton

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have any experience with these? I was looking at the manual lift and cultipacker combo. The appeal to me is my plots are in tough to reach areas and have something that can be lifted off the ground to get it out there with my Honda Pioneer seems ideal over dragging a heavy one with wheels. If I understand correctly, it uses the weight of the machine vs being weighted itself. I only have a acre or two of plots.

https://blackboaratv.com/collections/implements/products/cultipacker

no but the price is good...I'm intrigued

I've got the rake and the disc. Haven't used the disc yet. Used the rake to clear out logging roads. First pass just lightly put it down and wasn't impressed. Then I lowered it til it started picking up back of side by side and that was the trick.
4db7a1e3c1b5e870b18a1549f7f0b3a5.jpg
b2151f7ed95df4c14d52353b88ebde0b.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I have not used them but anecdotally I have heard good things about them. Before I had larger plots and a tractor with implements I had the Kolpin Dirtworks system, which is somewhat similar (uses the machines weight in a quasi 3pt attachment style). I will say this, it worked pretty damn well, particularly the cultivator, but to do so you had to do as the previous poster mentions, which is push it all the way down so it’s nearly lifting your machine. That provides the downforce you need to engage the ground, but it’s hell on your machine. I broke my hitch after a year’s use and had to have it welded back up. Who knows what other stress that put on my machine. I think they work, just be careful with how you use them.

I have not used them but anecdotally I have heard good things about them. Before I had larger plots and a tractor with implements I had the Kolpin Dirtworks system, which is somewhat similar (uses the machines weight in a quasi 3pt attachment style). I will say this, it worked pretty damn well, particularly the cultivator, but to do so you had to do as the previous poster mentions, which is push it all the way down so it’s nearly lifting your machine. That provides the downforce you need to engage the ground, but it’s hell on your machine. I broke my hitch after a year’s use and had to have it welded back up. Who knows what other stress that put on my machine. I think they work, just be careful with how you use them.

What size machine did you use to pull the implements with? We’ve got bikes at the lease from 250 cc to 800 cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a single hitch, I would think it would want to walk back and forth as you use it. Seriously if your using an atv, checkout the ground hog max. They provide hitch recieivers that help withstand the abuse and you’re not dragging a ton of weight to wear out the bike. I have been using one for 8ish years now. Parts do break on it overtime but replacements are cheap and in every case the parts have been delivered within a week of order. I’ve put that thing through hell and back with the rocks I have in my soil though and every time I think I need something else, I find myself always going back to it. Get yourself a nice Harrow drag to level out the ruts after and your good to go.

What size machine did you use to pull the implements with? We’ve got bikes at the lease from 250 cc to 800 cc

I used an Arctic Cat 650 TRV when I had the Kolpin system. I don’t think I would have wanted to use anything much smaller than that.

I have the Black Boar electric lift system with the discs and it works very well. I use it with a Polaris Ranger 570 and have no issues. I would use caution when looking at the groundhog max as it tore up my receiver. For smaller plots the Black Boar discs work well but it just takes some time. I also modified a John Deer flex 71 planter to slide onto the lift for row planting beans or corn.

I have the Black Boar electric lift system with the discs and it works very well. I use it with a Polaris Ranger 570 and have no issues. I would use caution when looking at the groundhog max as it tore up my receiver. For smaller plots the Black Boar discs work well but it just takes some time. I also modified a John Deer flex 71 planter to slide onto the lift for row planting beans or corn.
I would second that the ground hog max could rip up a receiver. I actually use the steel receivers provided from them vs what’s on my atv and I’ve broken a couple.

with the black boar does the implements walk back and forth at all?

I would second that the ground hog max could rip up a receiver. I actually use the steel receivers provided from them vs what’s on my atv and I’ve broken a couple.

with the black boar does the implements walk back and forth at all?
That's tough to say as my receiver is already very lose due to the damage the ground hog max caused. I would say it would to a degree pending on how aggressive you get with it and the condition of the ground you are trying to disc.

I used an Arctic Cat 650 TRV when I had the Kolpin system. I don’t think I would have wanted to use anything much smaller than that.

I ended up going with the Tarter atv disc. I pull it with a Honda Foreman 500 and it gets the job done but it pushes the machine about as far as I would like. Not so bad once the weather starts to cool off some but in southern MS, it’s not uncommon to be planting in 95 degree+ weather. The disc itself is a beast compared to most other atv discs I’ve used. I’m very happy with the results I got.

I ended up going with the Tarter atv disc. I pull it with a Honda Foreman 500 and it gets the job done but it pushes the machine about as far as I would like. Not so bad once the weather starts to cool off some but in southern MS, it’s not uncommon to be planting in 95 degree+ weather. The disc itself is a beast compared to most other atv discs I’ve used. I’m very happy with the results I got.

Beast of an implement. I have had that disc for about 8 years. Left out in the weather and ignored over the years. Survived years of abuse and still does great. However, it gave my Polaris 800 a workout when cutting aggressive in wet soil!