Biggest Turnips (or any other food plot crops)

Here's another plot with a bunch of nice looking radishes. Deer having been clipping the tops off pretty good and now they have been chomping on the radishes pretty good.

This radish below is from my "garden plot" planted in the first part of August. The deer don't hit this plot until mid-winter. The plot is about 50 yards from my house and just over 1/2 acre consisting of corn, soybeans and radishes.

Last edited:
Here's another plot with a bunch of nice looking radishes. Deer having been clipping the tops off pretty good and now they have been chomping on the radishes pretty good.

I wish my turnips and radishes looked like yours

these pics are a few weeks old at this point....and a lot of my tubers have really plumped up since then. nothing gigantic...but i have LOTS of this size and even more in the ping-pong ball to tennis ball sized. I agree with foggy....i think the deer get more out of the smaller sized turnips...they seem to eat them completely but leave alot of the big ones partially eaten.

this pic is from back in september....the big one is now much larger than a softball.

next time I'm up there i will try to remember to get some more recent pics. this year has been my best year in terms of tuber production both size and quantity.

and this is the big turnips from last years crop.....

I hope you guys are right with the number over size. I have tons of smaller ping pong to baseball sized ones. Any you're right about the one bite deal. Most of the bigger ones have one big bite out of the side and that's it.
I hope to have a picture like yours this year Phil. Very nice.

I hope you guys are right with the number over size. I have tons of smaller ping pong to baseball sized ones. Any you're right about the one bite deal. Most of the bigger ones have one big bite out of the side and that's it.
I hope to have a picture like yours this year Phil. Very nice.

Thanks Red! I'm hoping to recreate that picture this year!