Big Announcement

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
Back in the day, (well before there was any money or prestige in it) I was a manufacturers shooter for Martin, Hoyt and PSE at various times. They had manufacturer's teams. When I started I don't think Mathews was in business. I have not shot competitively for a long time! I have been strictly a Hoyt guy for probably 20 years.

Today, I bought my first Mathews ever. A friend brought his Halon over this weekend and I really really liked it. Today I went and shot the Halon, Halon 32 and the Triax. I now own a Triax and have a little over a week to draw blood with it on a doe. So tonight I will set her up and try to get her done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And here I was thinking u were gunna hold a $1000 gift certificate giveaway to spend at the tree nursey of your choosing...

JK, welcome to the cool kids table.

Git R Done!

I have been shooting Mathews the past 3 years, I have had no issues with them at all.

Back in the day, (well before there was any money or prestige in it) I was a manufacturers shooter for Martin, Hoyt and PSE at various times. They had manufacturer's teams. When I started I don't think Mathews was in business. I have not shot competitively for a long time! I have been strictly a Hoyt guy for probably 20 years.

Today, I bought my first Mathews ever. A friend brought his Halon over this weekend and I really really liked it. Today I went and shot the Halon, Halon 32 and the Triax. I now own a Triax and have a little over a week to draw blood with it on a doe. So tonight I will set her up and try to get her done!

I was a Martin Scepter guy for many years. I made the mistake of checking out a bow shop that was Mathews dealer who let me shoot a Switchback. I walked out with a much lighter wallet and a smile on my face. It has been a long time since the Switchback came out. I'm trying not to make the same mistake twice and shoot another new bow!

Best of luck with the new blood!

Thanks,

Jack

I must say I do feel a little dirty like I have betrayed someone ha.

I have also shot Hoyt for 20 years. A few weeks ago I shot the Triax at our local shop. Mine should be in any day now. I could not resist. I do feel guilty about spending so much on a bow but im planning on keeping it for hopefully 10+ yrs.

I must say I do feel a little dirty like I have betrayed someone ha.

I felt that way too for a while, but strangely only when I didn't have the Mathews in my hands :)

Dang, I'm shooting a Mathews Z9 that's getting a few years on it. Sounds like a better shoot a Triax. How long a draw can you get it in? I'm 31.5

You made a good choice. I still shoot my Mathews Reezen 7. I think I got it in 07 or 09? I’ve never had an issue with it and it still shoots great. I don’t shoot the new bows because I know if I do I’ll be walking out of the shop with one.

Awesome WTNUT! I shot a Mathews Z7 many years ago and then switched to a Hoyt Maxis 31 that I have never liked. This spring I am switching back to Mathews. Looking at either the Halon 32 or the Halon X. The Triax looks awesome but I prefer longer ATA and brace heights.

I am still shooting my Switchback XT, and I don't know if I can part with it. Having said that, I am making every effort to NOT shoot a new Mathews... just to avoid temptation!

You made a good choice. I still shoot my Mathews Reezen 7. I think I got it in 07 or 09? I’ve never had an issue with it and it still shoots great. I don’t shoot the new bows because I know if I do I’ll be walking out of the shop with one.

That is a good idea! I have a carbon Hoyt and thought it was the cat's meow until I shot one arrow through a Halon. Then went to shop thinking I would get the Halon 32 and next thing I know my credit card jumped out and grabbed a Triax!

Awesome WTNUT! I shot a Mathews Z7 many years ago and then switched to a Hoyt Maxis 31 that I have never liked. This spring I am switching back to Mathews. Looking at either the Halon 32 or the Halon X. The Triax looks awesome but I prefer longer ATA and brace heights.

I prefer the longer axel to axel "generally" too. I literally shot the Triax thinking I would say "too short for me", but I was way wrong. I highly recommend shooting all three before purchasing.

I still shoot the same Hoyt I bought as my entry into bow hunting roughly 15 years ago....it was used then! I don't even know what model it is!!!

J-Bird, I try to generally avoid recommending to people that they spend THEIR money. I still remember the days when if I found a penny on the street I was eager to reach down and pick it up because we needed it! I still pick up everyone I see no matter where it is just hoping the good Lord never shows me a day again when I need a penny. That having been noted, 15 years in the archery industry is light years. You might want to go to a bow shop and shoot a few - just say'n"

While we are on it, what poundage do you set your bows at to hunt deer? I use to be a 70 pound guy all day but these days a 60 pound bow that normally maxes out at 63 or so is best for me.

I prefer the longer axel to axel "generally" too. I literally shot the Triax thinking I would say "too short for me", but I was way wrong. I highly recommend shooting all three before purchasing.

Sounds good WTNUT. I will certainly shoot the Triax. I have heard very good things about it. I'm 6'2" and have a 30" draw and mostly it comes down to the string angle and the peep. Do you have a recommendation for a peep that you like with a steep string angle?

I looked at this thread title and thought it was gonna be something else entirely. Strange thing is......... I've been thinking about a new bow since the end of our archery season. And now you guys have thrown GAS on the little spark that was my idea. I've been a fingers shooter with somewhat longer ATA length and more brace height. I'll have to do some shopping, I guess. Natty's talking steep string angles ^^^^^^ and that means a release .......... there aren't many longer bows out there anymore for fingers shooters. I suppose I'll have to look at Mathews ........... too many good comments here. My aching back will play a large role in what I pick. Smoothness of draw will be big.

If I end up spending $$$ for a new bow, the blame falls on you guys !!!!!! I don't really want to .................:emoji_smirk:

WTNUT, I'm with you on poundage. Shot 70 pounds for ever. Bought a new Elite 3 years ago and it is a 60 pound bow. So much easier to draw in the cold.