Best pliers for cutting cage/fencing

Angle grinders for concrete remesh, just a pair of tin snips for fencing

Marv is just a few miles down the road from me. I shoulda worded that better. I’ve cut cage and garden fence with my wheel. I’m thru a 5’ cage before I can finish my bend down dad noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the "bend down dad noise" cuts deep.......

bill

I bought one of these a decade ago and I've used it to cut too many welded wire cages. It also works great to cut barbed wire fence, and I've spent a lot of time removing old fences. It is a great tool that is well worth the money.

Attachments

• 1709662440776.png
    1709662440776.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 8
Lineman pliers for me, I'm sure there are easier ways but the Klein lineman pliers are an extension of my hand when doing any fence work.

Thanks all. My brother has a cordless angle grinder that will throw a cutting wheel on. It should help speed up the process. Worst case I just fall back to the lineman pliers.

What are the best pliers/tool for cutting wire fence for cages? I use lineman pliers, but I don't love them because they don't spring back open. Does anyone have a better suggestion? Usually cutting 5' welded wire fence with a 4"x2" grid.
Cutting cages has got to be tied with summer liming for my least favorite activing when it comes to habitat chorin'.

Cutting cages has got to be tied with summer liming for my least favorite activing when it comes to habitat chorin'.
tow behind drop spreader has made it an even draw Before that, I'd cut fencing with my teeth before I'd want to be swimming in lime dust.