Best bibs for working?

I am a Duluth Trading Company wearer; price is a bit more than I like to spend. However, the longevity of anything I have owned from them covers that cost. I finally just tossed a pear of the original Firehose work pants that I had for probably 6 years. I would try on the bibs at a store if you can. I find their sizing to be a bit odd at times, and not necessarily consistent from product to product on how it fits me.
Thanks for the tip on the longevity..I would NEVER spend anywhere near what the prices are, but this is for a Christmas present so I don't feel that bad...
I dont know if I have a store near me that sells them to try them on? I was gonna go with 2 sizes up on the waist size and add 2" to the leg length so I can put a pair of sweats under them and will be able to move ok...thanks again for the heads up!

I cut wood and occasionally hunt in carhart bibs. Only thing that bugs me is the clips on the shoulder straps are a bit noisy. Not a huge issue but I have noticed them chiming many times!

I have an old pair of sitka pants, neutral color, I never wore them hunting, just working. Granted they aren’t bibs but I know I’ve had them at least 12 years. When I tell you I put them through hell every year it’s an understatement. They are still 100% in tact minus some fraying on the cuff. I actually thought about sending a pic of them to sitka as a testimonial. They are 9 different shades of diesel, bar oil, grease, blood. I am cheap when it comes to buying in excess but I will spend for a quality item to not have to buy another for a long time.
I still wear a sitka jacket hunting that I’ve had for 14 years. Wore it tonight.

Thanks for the tip on the longevity..I would NEVER spend anywhere near what the prices are, but this is for a Christmas present so I don't feel that bad...
I dont know if I have a store near me that sells them to try them on? I was gonna go with 2 sizes up on the waist size and add 2" to the leg length so I can put a pair of sweats under them and will be able to move ok...thanks again for the heads up!

My first pair ran long for leg length, compared to other pants that I have gotten from them. That has been a few years ago so wouldnt say that is necessarily still the case. Just saying that because if you order them 2" long you might find them to be really long. I do like my pants and bibs long, hate it when cuffs ride high and I end up with a boot full of dirt, plant debris, saw dust etc..

Walls have treated me right. Got a insulated coveralls on clearance in march for $30.

Your best bet is to have both an insulated and uninsulated pair. I use the bibs for manual labor, and the coveralls for fireside relaxing / passive work.

The best pair will be ones you can try on in person. I dont like too long which gets in the way of your boots. PA is much like my hudson valley NY home, I do unisulated bibs for working. A guy at camp is a contractor in his late 40's. he's pretty much in uninsalted bibs and sweatshirt guy. Another guy at camp is a utility tree clearing foreman. Same thing.

Since most of this is for fun, your not going out when it's real cold anyways. I'm also a big fan of long sleeve t-shirts when working out in the colder days. That an a sweatshirt or flannel shirt seems to be about right in that 20-40 degree days.