Best bibs for working?

Derek Reese 29

5 year old buck +
Hey everybody,
I am looking for some insulated bibs for late season hunting and cutting wood this winter.
Any suggestions on brand/level of insulation would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help.

I havent much experience with them yet, but this summer I bought some insulated Duluth Trading Company firehose pants. They arent bibs, but so far they are warm, and feel of really good quality.

Carhartt have done well for me. I have the Duluth Firehouse bibs and have held up very well for last 3 years.

just saw those firehouse bibs are on sale too....might be a quick turnaround haha thanks fellas

I've worked outside in some of the coldest, dampest weather for 40+ years. Carhartt Arctic insulated bibs have kept me warm for years - if you're looking for COLD protection. Otherwise, for most weathers, plain, uninsulated Carhartt bibs are great for outdoor chores, firewood cutting, habitat work, etc. I've put Carhartt clothing through HELL over the years, and it's held up. For hunting, I doubt you'd want to be in BROWN Carhartt bibs for any hunting, though!! Here in Pa., you might be hanging from a meat pole before anyone noticed they shot a person. (Brown - it's down thinking.) Wear your orange!!

Been a Carhartt guy forever too. I'll just remind people they stuck to their guns of vaccine mandates. Not here to debate it... I know some of you don't care, but I know some of you do. Feel free to boycott or not, but they're on my do not buy from list.

I've worked outside in some of the coldest, dampest weather for 40+ years. Carhartt Arctic insulated bibs have kept me warm for years - if you're looking for COLD protection. Otherwise, for most weathers, plain, uninsulated Carhartt bibs are great for outdoor chores, firewood cutting, habitat work, etc. I've put Carhartt clothing through HELL over the years, and it's held up. For hunting, I doubt you'd want to be in BROWN Carhartt bibs for any hunting, though!! Here in Pa., you might be hanging from a meat pole before anyone noticed they shot a person. (Brown - it's down thinking.) Wear your orange!!
yeah i was only thinking for the late season archery/muzzleloader on the wearing of the bibs....no way I would wear anything brown for the next week and a half...
we don't even let my brother's chocolate lab very far from the house during rifle season...

I wear the Stihl Pro Mark insulated chainsaw pants for cutting wood during the winter but be aware they have some layers. Gets above 20-25 degs and they are too warm. Wear suspenders with them. If you are going to be working where it does not get below 0 or teens much would not get the insulated protection pants but just the normal style as they are warm enough.

As far as bibs have used insulated Walls or Carhartt but not the artic wear level. Prefer to wear the medium insulation ones and add a jacket until really get warmed up while cutting wood and start taking layers off.

As far as Carhartt politics have had the same stuff for over 20+ years and some over 30 so not needing to buy any new anytime soon.

Been a Carhartt guy forever too. I'll just remind people they stuck to their guns of vaccine mandates. Not here to debate it... I know some of you don't care, but I know some of you do. Feel free to boycott or not, but they're on my do not buy from list.
Me too…for that reason only

I have been replacing my Carhart with Duluth Trading Company wear since. Not cheap, but either is Carhart, but Duluth trading company is better quality, and most of their stuff is made here in the US.

I'm leaning towards the Duluth Trading Co bibs...just waiting to get more opinions (this is for a Christmas present so I have a little time)...

I have Walls. I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent much experience with them yet, but this summer I bought some insulated Duluth Trading Company firehose pants. They arent bibs, but so far they are warm, and feel of really good quality.
That’s what I wear for all my work. I wear the thicker version in the winter in the lighter version in the summer.

I have a few pairs of their pants as well, good quality clothing.

For hunting up north we always used wool pants/bibs for working I prefer Carhartt bibs that unzips to the top of the leg so getting them on with work boots on isn’t an issue.

I'm leaning towards the Duluth Trading Co bibs...just waiting to get more opinions (this is for a Christmas present so I have a little time)...

Have a flyer from Duluth with a promo code of T22PC10 that says savings offer expires 12/18. Valid in store or online. Merry Christmas

Love arborwear pants. They’re awful if soaked and the waist runs small… but they’re crazy tough and durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a flyer from Duluth with a promo code of T22PC10 that says savings offer expires 12/18. Valid in store or online. Merry Christmas
thanks!

I am a Duluth Trading Company wearer; price is a bit more than I like to spend. However, the longevity of anything I have owned from them covers that cost. I finally just tossed a pear of the original Firehose work pants that I had for probably 6 years. I would try on the bibs at a store if you can. I find their sizing to be a bit odd at times, and not necessarily consistent from product to product on how it fits me.

I am a Duluth Trading Company wearer; price is a bit more than I like to spend. However, the longevity of anything I have owned from them covers that cost. I finally just tossed a pear of the original Firehose work pants that I had for probably 6 years. I would try on the bibs at a store if you can. I find their sizing to be a bit odd at times, and not necessarily consistent from product to product on how it fits me.
To add to this, if you order online, and they dont fit, they have a very good return policy. In fact they offer like a 1 year satisfaction guarantee, then longer for workmanship of the item. Their clothes hold up.