All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bear pics

Gregg

Yearling... With promise
I retrieved these pictures recently. I know the small one is a sow because I have a picture showing her teats developed but think the cub was killed. I have over 300 pictures of these, at least 2 bears, yet no cubs to be found. The another bear is a boar that is at least 2 feet taller than the sow. Any guesses on weights, ages? Sow.JPG I__00046.JPG I__00018 (2).JPG

1ST Two pics.......... i'd say young less than 3 years old for sure and about 140 ish......last pic...... is hard to say, bears can really fool you on film even under even perfect conditions, but if i have to guess i'd say mid two's

1ST Two pics.......... i'd say young less than 3 years old for sure and about 140 ish......last pic...... is hard to say, bears can really fool you on film even under even perfect conditions, but if i have to guess i'd say mid two's
Thanks. I don't know any bear hunters so it's just a wild guess for me. I thought 1 was young but thought the 3rd photo would be older. The other picture of the bear I have in the same spot from 2014 dwarfs these bears...wonder if it was killed....
bear.png

Good luck! That dude is big!

Resized_08100283(1).jpeg Resized_08060003(1).jpeg Resized_08170592(1).jpeg Some pics from my son's bear bait.

That first one looks huge :eek:

Very cool pics, they all look big to me! I am so glad we don't have those around me.

Yes 1st bear in the recent pics looks 450 +....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How high are the ribbons on the trees? We stand up Lathe at the baits to help with determining how tall the bears are. They don't last long at all.2016-8-9 West Beans (9).JPG2016-8-30 North Cabin Rd (15).JPG We don't have any tags. These are a couple that have passed thru.

Good luck bear hunting everyone.

How high are the ribbons on the trees? We stand up Lathe at the baits to help with determining how tall the bears are. They don't last long at all.View attachment 10550View attachment 10551 We don't have any tags. These are a couple that have passed thru.

Good luck bear hunting everyone.

Ribbons were at 36 inches. The bear tore them off trees already. Here is a really cool bear. Call her the Butterfly bear . Probably goes over 300 maybe 350.White butterfly sow.jpg