Barn roof refurbishing

Looks good. I did a metal roof on a cabin this summer and hated every minute of it.

Moving the power coming in the barn today it came in from just under the roof tin??? Don’t really know why it was ever done that way except perhaps it was overhead at one time many moons ago and has since been changed to underground? Moving it to straight thru the exterior wall into the breaker box much more direct route and I’ll lose about 10’ of very old paper wrapped wire in the process had to move it anyway because of the new rake and corner I installed might as well improve it a bit. I had already replaced the old fuse box with a breaker box last year when I wired in an outlet in the barn it had no outlets just three light sockets. The weird old wiring that people deal with is crazy sometimes.

Working on a small shed roof 8’x16’ started out as a solar lumber drying kiln 20+years ago then I made it into my racing pigeon loft now it’s just chick brooder and dry storage shed but the polycarbonate roof panels where falling apart so now it just going to get a tin roof.
IMG_1851.jpeg

Working on a small shed roof 8’x16’ started out as a solar lumber drying kiln 20+years ago then I made it into my racing pigeon loft now it’s just chick brooder and dry storage shed but the polycarbonate roof panels where falling apart so now it just going to get a tin roof.
View attachment 68465

What’s the pitch on that bad boy?! 12/12?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 12/12

That was what my solar kiln plans called for back in the day so that’s what I built, it was a fine kiln for a hobbyist to dry a little lumber or store it. I was drying 4000 bdft several times a year when I still had the sawmill so it wasn’t really practical for me in short order. I still have my dehumidification kiln but I’m lucky to dry 4000bdft every couple years now but I try and keep 6,000bdf to 10,000bdft of hardwood lumber on hand even now. Some I sell but mostly I just like to have it around if I decide to build something.

Racing pigeons eh? Did you raise them for a hobby or did you compete ?

I competed it was a bit of fun then we got stupid busy at work with projects and I was working rediculous amounts of OT and gave them up. I could possbly see getting back into it in retirement I did enjoy the birds.

Electronic bands on the birds legs and receiver equipment in the loft to record their arrival time home. We had a computer program that adjusted for the differences in distance for everyone’s home coordinates in the club that competed.