Barn price bump

My prior '16 F150 pulled my tractor (6500# with loader/bucket and mower) fine but it didn't have a brake controller and the rented trailer with surge brakes was less than ideal and the pickup got pushed around a bit. Wouldn't want to do it on the regular but was more than enough for a couple tows a year. Would like to see how it is with a trailer with electric brakes now that my new F150 has a brake controller..

used car market is still high. I wouldnt buy a used car now. Maybe in a year or so. New is coming down a bit. If anyone is interested in a new cdjr, let me know.

My application would be 2.5 hrs away, so cats not an option.
I have a garage at our cabin, which is a remote property, and while squirrels and mice are issues, there really is no way to "critter proof" these type of buildings. The garage is a traditional construction. I spent the first year trying to ensure no critters would get into the garage to no avail. The squirrels ate through the siding, sheetrock and insulation to make a home in our boat.

Did you have food stored in the garage? What would possess a squirrel to do that?

That's nasty. I used to use bucket traps. Switched to bait stations with bar bait. 2 or 3 around the outside of my cabin and no more mice inside, takes care of the chipmunks at home too.
been doing this for years. no mice. unless I forget to bait them every so often

Did you have food stored in the garage? What would possess a squirrel to do
Did you have food stored in the garage? What would possess a squirrel to do that?
I think those squirrels are possessed....the stories I can tell of damage to the garage, pickup, car and cabin all caused by squirrels. No food in the garage, although they did eat a box of borax I used for turkey mounts....

Update: Wife said yes to the barn :-)
It's been nine days since my wife said "yes" to the barn. The down-payment has been made, the plans submitted and approved, the building permit is now in hand, and I will start site prep begins today! Our county can't afford an inspector, so I have to send "before and after" pictures and submit a statement that says was built to plan when done. If I was 1.5 miles south, this would have been a four to six month process.

Mice you gotta think in 3D. They can climb very easily. A few cans f that orange rodent proof spray foam, metal mesh screen, and maybe a board along a more open crack can fix mice.

Do you store hay in the barn? IF so, forget about it. They're there to stay. Mice eat fertilizer and seed, keep them well closed up. !/4" x1/4" gap is all they need to be in there.

Reactions: 356