Balansa clover?

splitbrow

Yearling... With promise
Has anyone planted fixation balansa as a stand alone clover with ww/wr. Just wondering how well it establishes and how much growth it puts on in the fall. I have seen it in the spring with other clovers mixed in and seems to do quite well. Also seems to be a good re seeder also. Just wanting to hear others experiences if possible.

I’ve been planting it for a few years now. I still don’t understand it. I don’t seem to ever see it the year I plant it, then I see some the following year and it gets huge.

Now I think I’ve got a monster stand of it and I never planted any last year at all.

I cannot wrap my head around how balansa works whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sound good, how is the deer usage with it?

That sound good, how is the deer usage with it?

They eat it. It’s an October food for me. Good biomass accumulator and with that, pulls up a ton of nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool deal, thanks for your response!!

Why would you want a clover monoculture? Why not plant multiple to hedge your bets, and have blooming and growth at different times?

I also have crimson, ladino and Mrc mixed in to give diversity in my established plot. Was thinking about doing another plot this fall and starting out with this and adding probably a ladino clover and hopefully having a good seed bank of balansa mixed in with it.

Are you going to plant summer and winter crops? Or just once a year planting?

I’m in Alabama so similar climate to you

Just fall planting, have a decent amount of ag crop rotation around close.