Bag spreader

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Well after 10 years my canvas chapin spreader was getting a couple rips so I ordered a new one.What a POS. Plastic except for bag and more clover seed runs out when closed than when on # 1 setting so you have to either empty or put in plastic bag If someone finds a better one post it up.If anyone wants a good deal on one,let me know

End the madness. Get the blower seeder.

I didn't invent it.

This is dewault made and it's premo. Holds 3 pounds of clover.

Attachments

• 20230817_192432.jpg
    20230817_192432.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 23
For clover I agree the solo spreader is the way to go however if broadcasting large seed like beans oats pees or even radishes get the earth way. I have the solo and it sits in the corner. I can spread 3x faster with the solo the range of seed is much better with the bag spreader. The metering is better with the solo and it may be more precise but I much prefer the earth way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For clover I agree the solo spreader is the way to go however if broadcasting large seed like beans oats pees or even radishes get the earth way. I have the solo and it sits in the corner. I can spread 3x faster with the solo the range of seed is much better with the bag spreader. The metering is better with the solo and it may be more precise but I much prefer the earth way.

I thought about getting the solo just for spreading rye grain, but you think the earth way is better for oats and probably rye too? I spill so much trying to fill the soft sided spreader, just thought would be less spillage dumping bags into the solo.

I thought about getting the solo just for spreading rye grain, but you think the earth way is better for oats and probably rye too? I spill so much trying to fill the soft sided spreader, just thought would be less spillage dumping bags into the solo.
Get rid of the goofy vertical plastic pieces in the bag. Cut the bottom off a five gallon pail. Slide it into the bag and fill. Then slip out the pail and you're off to the races.

SD. Curious on your blower seeder. Can you please share information.

SD. Curious on your blower seeder. Can you please share information.

Been using the extreme blower spreader for five years. Would never take a spinner of any kind ever again.

I can also cover this kind of width with a blower.

d5a6b1f2e2128092c5346e7c2847acff.jpg

Foggy can only cover this span with his drill.

7b7b1c9e2e8b817ac7e969f9f715b64c.jpg

The biggest reason to use a blower is that you can crank your seed rates down as low as u want. Half pound per acre? No problem. I regularly mix a cup of this, cup of that, and mix it up and blow it on. Wanna do a lighter rate of brassicas or white clover? This is your tool. Calculate the seeds per square foot if planting 5 pounds of brassicas. I don’t think small brassicas should ever be seeded higher than 1 pound per acre.

I have used the Earthway chest spreader for larger seed like WR, Oats, Soy beans etc. Holds 40 lbs of seed. Have had mine for ~20 years with no issues.

Earthway Chest Mount Spreader

A spreader will give you a more uniform seed distribution pattern than a blower will.

SD. Wow. You got my attention. I understand your previous video. Tell me more. I see the benefit of that. Can it over 30 feet width. Can it be hooked up to a backpack blower or does need it to be a handheld.

I have a Hooyman, and it's very well designed, although not perfect. The harness works great and is comfortable. It's easy to fill. I did run into two issue this spring. Somehow clover seed got stuck in the spinner and jammed it. It took a few minutes to get out. The widest open setting isn't amazingly large. It spread oats VERY SLOWLY.

I had the Earthway chest/plastic bucket spreader. The harness is AWFUL. Whoever designed it clearly never wore it or tried to spread anything heavy with it. Avoid that thing.

Solo spreader

a habitat tool classic ala silky zubot, felco 2 pruner, and wolverine tree spade

bill