All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backpack Sprayers

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
Whats your preferences there? I am planning on using one for all my spraying until my trees become to numerous to accommodate w/ such a sprayer.

I have 2 of the Hudson 4 gallon. First true backpack style that I have owned. Owned many other around the neck "shoulder" types. The hudsons, one has 2 years use the other 1 year use. No issues what so ever.

I have used a four gallon Chapin backpack sprayer for close to six years without any issue. Here's the one I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NJNDA93RNPKRMPPYKQD

As a FYI, last year I bought a NorthStar high pressure tree sprayer to use for Apple tree spraying. If needed, I would buy both again.

Stihl

I got the field king Max from forestry supplier site. Absolutely love it.
Spend the extra $ and get one that clips around your waist to take some of the weight off your shoulders, you will not regret it. I think they call it "lumbar support."
I love stihl and I'm sure theirs is great but the field king max is pretty amazing.
Aero next time I come up we can do a side-by-side comparison to see who can spray farther......ahahahahaha

Last edited:
I got the field king Max from forestry supplier site. Absolutely love it.
Spend the extra $ and get one that clips around your waist to take some of the weight off your shoulders, you will not regret it. I think they call it "lumbar support."
I love stihl and I'm sure theirs is great but the field king max is pretty amazing.
Aero next time I come up we can do a side-by-side comparison to see who can spray farther......ahahahahaha
No way man you are young and I am NOT lol. Ohhh you mean with the sprayer?????? Lol. I have looked at all the guys are recommending and they all look like great sprayers. Maybe I bought too soon with the Stihl but I do love it

I might be in the minority but I am not happy with my stihl. It is impossible to get the top off. The pump handle also sticks. I am constantly spraying it with WD40 but it still sticks. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?