Backpack Sprayers

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
Whats your preferences there? I am planning on using one for all my spraying until my trees become to numerous to accommodate w/ such a sprayer.

I have 2 of the Hudson 4 gallon. First true backpack style that I have owned. Owned many other around the neck "shoulder" types. The hudsons, one has 2 years use the other 1 year use. No issues what so ever.

I have used a four gallon Chapin backpack sprayer for close to six years without any issue. Here's the one I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NJNDA93RNPKRMPPYKQD

As a FYI, last year I bought a NorthStar high pressure tree sprayer to use for Apple tree spraying. If needed, I would buy both again.

Stihl

I got the field king Max from forestry supplier site. Absolutely love it.
Spend the extra $ and get one that clips around your waist to take some of the weight off your shoulders, you will not regret it. I think they call it "lumbar support."
I love stihl and I'm sure theirs is great but the field king max is pretty amazing.
Aero next time I come up we can do a side-by-side comparison to see who can spray farther......ahahahahaha

Last edited:
I got the field king Max from forestry supplier site. Absolutely love it.
Spend the extra $ and get one that clips around your waist to take some of the weight off your shoulders, you will not regret it. I think they call it "lumbar support."
I love stihl and I'm sure theirs is great but the field king max is pretty amazing.
Aero next time I come up we can do a side-by-side comparison to see who can spray farther......ahahahahaha
No way man you are young and I am NOT lol. Ohhh you mean with the sprayer?????? Lol. I have looked at all the guys are recommending and they all look like great sprayers. Maybe I bought too soon with the Stihl but I do love it

I might be in the minority but I am not happy with my stihl. It is impossible to get the top off. The pump handle also sticks. I am constantly spraying it with WD40 but it still sticks. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?