ATV Disc

I did some improvising and using a disc/drag (springtooth I think they call them)...worked nice.

The key was moist soil and bean stubble. They work in certain situations. One annoying issue is some trash on top, which has to be removed. Overall it didn't take long.

Plan on putting in a combination of E Wheat/Sorghum, corn and clover

Note---I have a few rocks if anyone needs some!!

Attachments

• Terrace Ridge (food plot).jpg
    Terrace Ridge (food plot).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Terrace FP-2.jpg
    Terrace FP-2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 44
I also have the Roth Disc and love it. AFAIK they do not make them anymore though.

I bought a Tarter Terrain with attached culterpacker last year and it works great. Weighs 700 lbs and I pull it with a Polaris 550 sportsman without any problems.

I have a King Kutter I got from Fleet Farm years ago. It has 2 disc gangs that are angled. Can be raised or lowered with a crank ,a tongue adjustment that allows you to change the angle that it is towed. I modified it with a platform to stack bricks on for extra weight . When I first brake up sod I remove the back disc gang and add 2 c tine diggers in its place. Has works great for small plots that I can't get my tractor to.
image.jpg I took the top deck off it to show the rear tines.

Now that would be way more effective than the standard dual gang discs!

Diggers are great but if you have rocks, they keep pulling them to the top. My sons love my disc!

At some point though, the rocks go away if they are picked. Running over rocks with a disc isn't the best idea if they have any size to them.

I would take my diggers over a disc any day of the work. I sold our ATV disc because it didn't do half what the diggers do.

Are either of these discs still for sale?

My groundhog maxx disc is still for sale if you're interested. There are a bunch of videos of them in action on youtube if you would like to see how they work.

I used mine one summer to open up a new plot in the woods, but now I have a tractor and don't use the groundhog maxx anymore.

My groundhog maxx disc is still for sale if you're interested. There are a bunch of videos of them in action on youtube if you would like to see how they work.

I used mine one summer to open up a new plot in the woods, but now I have a tractor and don't use the groundhog maxx anymore.
My friend has one, and I like the disc. I would like to go with something bigger overall

How much are you looking for it, Ben? I wish I was closer to bemidji!

I would take $225 for it and I'm located in SE MN. I really like the disc, but I probably don't need it any more now that I have a tractor. The disc was probably used for under 10 hours total and I believe I still have the box it came in.

Since we are talking ATV Discs I thought I would share my Loyal's work last weekend.

Before:

IMG_4741_zpsaf20aced.jpg

IMG_4742_zps59585d59.jpg

IMG_4749_zpse3e146b5.jpg

During:

IMG_4750_zps2dca3624.jpg

IMG_4751_zps9a3cfa86.jpg

After:

IMG_4752_zpsc3ba20fb.jpg

IMG_4756_zps21fd3cd8.jpg

Before:

IMG_4734_zpsa5573e9f.jpg

After

IMG_4758_zpscc45d62c.jpg

IMG_4760_zpse300b507.jpg

I an ATV disc I'm selling. It is on Craig's list Buffalo, NY
8-Blade Disc Harrow - $750 or b/o
Excellent condition. Garage stored.
Hunter's Specialties Terrain Tough ATV 8-Blade Disc Harrow.

Heavy-duty construction
Adjustable disc angle
Adjustable depth control
Cutting width: 42" to 44"
Utilizes a 1-7/8" hitch ball mount
The Hunter's Specialties Terrain Tough ATV 8-Blade Disc Harrow is a great implement to start with on new ground. This heavy-duty disc harrow cuts and breaks even the most compacted soil. Disc angles are adjustable and the depth control is just as easily adjustable. The eight 16" scalloped blades provide a 42" to 44" cutting width, depending on the angle you set. 7one6-572-9181