Are Lithium batteries worth it?

j-bird

OK - i just got back into using trail cams (my last one used film if that tells you anything). When it comes to AA batteries in trail cams - is the extra expense of lithium batteries worth it vs using regular batteries - they seem to cost twice as much, do they last twice as long?

If you like light beer you can buy Ray O Vac batteries at Ace Hardware.

Mom always told me light beer is for guys that like to pee a lot.

If you like real beer you run lithium.

If mom ran trail cameras she would run lithium batteries.

Yes they last longer and perform better in cold weather.

Are they worth it? Once you get over the original sticker shock I would vote yes as well.

Yes!!!! More pics plus Superior in cold weather and do not have same corrosion issues as alkaline.
I have Reconyx HC 600 and SC 950,s
I get more then year on most locations.
I run time lapse on couple and then will
Only last couple months. ( such as taking pic every 15 seconds last hour of day light to cover large area.)

Since I work at an electronic component distributor, I would vote that they are definitely worth the cost, considering I get a good deal on them. I also run normal alkaline too, since those are extremely cheap there.

Yes they in my cameras, I seem to have got atleast double the life out of them, Sam's is the cheapest play I've found to get them, AA lithiums.

Absolutely. Switched over to them last year and won't go back!

The most affordable option would be to pack mud in your battery compartment. The most effective is lithiums. We'll pull 5000+ pictures in an 8 month camera season and finish with 65+% battery life. Dig around on Amazon, and you can find them for a good price. The cost per camera difference will most likely be a break even if not come out ahead with lithiums due to longer life. In the end, the cost savings will be negligible at best. The difference will be whether or not you get a camera failure for a month between cam pulls.

Unless you are taking video. I killed 12 Ultimate Lithiums in 2 weeks in my Black 60 taking about 30 15 second videos per night and 10 by day. I now use 12v rechargeable batteries as external source.

I switched a few of my cams to them 2 years ago from recharagbles. I'm going on 2 years but they will need to be replaced sometime this year. Will never go back to anything else. Well worth the cost.

Well - cool. I'll use lithiums and simply shop around for as good of a price as I can get. I can get to my cams regularly, but I prefer not to. I prefer to simply get in and switch SD cards and get out and not linger any longer than needed. I also don't want to find out I missed a month or more simply because of dead batteries. Like I said been a while for me and cams - the last one used film and either C or D batteries and like 6 or 8 of them and was the size of a shoe box!

I switch to lithium when the temps start to drop otherwise I use regular Duracells. I have a few Bushnell Hds a few couple older Cuddys. I don't use the video settings on any of them. I use an external 12 v battery when I set up one for video.

I used 12 AA energizer industrial batteries in my covert black 60 all year, I think the lithium are smaller so they tend to get loose in the compartment, not sure if it relates to any performance issues or not though.