Apple Information Spreadsheet

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
I revamped my spreadsheet for more references and accessible information. I would like this to be a community sheet. Add more varieties as you have time or have experience with. For those with knowledge of your own personal variety, please list all the information available on it or where it is found.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X0cMJdSY6E0BcGvDA0jLZK3xojwT78ijUDUITxMZBXY/edit?usp=sharing

You are welcome to download it and add to it just make sure your updating the publicly accessible file as well. :)

This is great, can you add a field for zones?

This is great, can you add a field for zones?

Its all editable by anyone who has the link to it, so yes someone certainly can. If anyone edits it per their own experience etc, thats great, be sure to reply here so we know what gets added over time.

Good list.....even though I hate to see a few of my favorites on the "Very susceptible" list.

I revamped my spreadsheet for more references and accessible information. I would like this to be a community sheet. Add more varieties as you have time or have experience with. For those with knowledge of your own personal variety, please list all the information available on it or where it is found.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X0cMJdSY6E0BcGvDA0jLZK3xojwT78ijUDUITxMZBXY/edit?usp=sharing

You are welcome to download it and add to it just make sure your updating the publicly accessible file as well. :)

Very nice! Great contribution to the community!

Thanks,

Jack

That is a very nice! I do like the idea of adding zones anyone has successfully planted them in. It really helps us newbies out when deciding what options we have.

thanks!!!

I added to your list for my own benefit, last year.

I wish the disease resistance was more specific to certain diseases.

I added to your list for my own benefit, last year.

I wish the disease resistance was more specific to certain diseases.

Problem being most sources dont break it down. For instance Grin only lists fb resistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, DR is pretty site specific. Unless trees have been bred specifically for DR (Liberty, Enterprise, Pristine, etc. etc.), any resistance is naturally occurring. What may do really well here may be a disease magnet in a warmer/wetter zone.

That's the truth. A good example is Goldrush. You guys seem to be able to grow it pretty well up north, but I am seeing CAR like crazy here. Going to see if it can still fruit decent despite the CAR and topwork if necessary. Planted spring of 14 so might see something this year.

Disease info will always be incomplete but some info is better than no info.

Native - I remember reading somewhere that Goldrush may get CAR on the leaves, but not so much the fruit. I'm hoping that's the case for you there. Camp has no junipers around for miles, so we have no CAR problems on our apple trees, thank God.

Native - I remember reading somewhere that Goldrush may get CAR on the leaves, but not so much the fruit. I'm hoping that's the case for you there. Camp has no junipers around for miles, so we have no CAR problems on our apple trees, thank God.

I hope that's the case. I have an apple called "Betsy Deaton" that gets CAR on the leaves really bad every year, but it always makes a load of good clean apples. The apples remind me of Liberty, but they are earlier in the season.