Apple ID?

Kerr is about an inch and 1/4 by 1 inch so not that far off. I actually got a ruler out after a few wines lol The 1 1/4 is the right to left dimension in my pic and the inch is up and down just to be clear

OK, that clears the size issue up a bit.

But I'm sitting here laughing to myself comparing your Kerr dropping in August with my detailed-and-exquisitly-researched notes suggesting that I should expect Kerr to drop in late September or early October! Oh well, I'll take what I get and enjoy the ride!

just to be sure here is the ruler pic lolIMG_0658.jpg

I've been running into a lot of contenders in the country for bud wood of choice. Made a stop at a farm today and saw this guy. If nothing else, this should be a natural and perennial bear bait site.
IMG_2933.JPG

Heck-of-a nice tree in the pic SD. Looks to be a great tree to get some wood from. It looks like it's nice and healthy too. No disease evidence in the pic. 2 thumbs up !!

I see multiple trees like this every day. I've just got to keep my eyes open when we get later into the fall and see what is still holding apples. Really want to find that ditch tree that has fruit november 1st.

I see multiple trees like this every day. I've just got to keep my eyes open when we get later into the fall and see what is still holding apples. Really want to find that ditch tree that has fruit november 1st.
I found one and have grafts growing from it.

OK, that clears the size issue up a bit.

But I'm sitting here laughing to myself comparing your Kerr dropping in August with my detailed-and-exquisitly-researched notes suggesting that I should expect Kerr to drop in late September or early October! Oh well, I'll take what I get and enjoy the ride!
That is why I planted some Kerr. I thought it was an early October crab.

That's great news Aero !! We have 3 Dolgo on Antonovka at camp, so they should get big and be producing big-time for years. One of the reasons I picked Dolgo to plant at our camp is because of the pix and info I learned from you guys on this and the other forum. If our trees produce like the pix I've seen from you and Greyphase and a few others, I'll be real happy - as will the deer !!
I have a dolgo on antonovka. It tends to drop about Labor day ever year. It does not have a long drop time, but the deer use it in ag. country.

Chestnut crab tends to have a drop time just after dolgo and it drops for about 3 weeks. I do know of one chestnut crab that is about 80 miles north of me and it sometimes starts dropping in late August.

Bur - I like the sound of that extended drop time for Chestnut crab. On-going reason for deer to keep coming back to check.

I've got a couple wild crabs grafted from a ditch tree a couple miles away. That tree has some fruit hanging until spring.
There are extended drop times on man of these wild trees, also.

Well they could last into September. Maybe the deer are making them fall lol. I see some Dolgo falling too but maybe deer again they are like Christmas trees with the bright red apples

Well they could last into September. Maybe the deer are making them fall lol. I see some Dolgo falling too but maybe deer again they are like Christmas trees with the bright red apples

Thanks for the pics Paul.

My Kerr held until September last year.

I also thought Kerr was pretty late and that is one of the reasons I ordered it from GRIN. Per their 1996 observation data, the harvest season is "very late, 20-30 days later than Delicious". I figure that was into October. Maybe a typo was made when entering the data.

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/obs.pl?1004092
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/acc/display.pl?1004092

Chicken - Is your Kerr planted in N.Y. or in Columbia Co. Pa. ?? I ask because we have 2 Kerr at camp in Lycoming Co. Pa. and was wondering when the Kerr ripen for you.

I am just now grafting Kerr. I looked up Cummins description of Kerr and it say ripens late September to late October. I had planned to put it in both NY and PA.

My Kerr is deep red now and still holding. Still very tart also. Some apple dropping but it should last another month I think. It's loaded. The dolgos same thing but I am picking apples off and putting on ground to get cam pics