Anyone have recommendations for a heated vest, jacket, or sweatshirt?

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
Preferably something with a durable outerwear that you can wear as an exterior or thin enough to wear under some other outerwear layer.

I have one and it’s ok. I really don’t use it much (vest). I just use the super hand warmers. Idk, I’d say save your money

I used this one while in northern Alberta hunting. Was well worth the money. Lasted about 8 hrs on the battery. Fit well as a mid layer under my outer layers. We sit all day with no blind so I would turn t on around lunch hour. I am now looking for one with back and front warmers.

Last edited:
I have this and like it. It runs tight.

I have this and like it. It runs tight.

I do as well. Works great. I have a fleece Amazon special as well that also works but not as well and doesn’t layer near as well, like this one a lot better. Would definitely want to find it on sale though with that MSRP..

My main gripe is the battery/charger they use. It’s some random circular plug and I must have thrown the cord away not remembering wtf it was for so I didn’t have a charged battery when I wanted one this year. The battery isn’t the highest capacity either. Would be way better if it just used usb-c or USB-micro batteries and then a guy could use larger capacity batteries if he wanted and wouldn't have to keep track of the dumb cord.

Edit: looks like the pnuma's came down in price a hair at least. Used to be $200 MSRP.

Last edited:
I do as well. Works great. I have a fleece Amazon special as well that also works but not as well and doesn’t layer near as well, like this one a lot better. Would definitely want to find it on sale though with that MSRP..

My main gripe is the battery/charger they use. It’s some random circular plug and I must have thrown the cord away not remembering wtf it was for so I didn’t have a charged battery when I wanted one this year. The battery isn’t the highest capacity either. Would be way better if it just used usb-c or USB-micro batteries and then a guy could use larger capacity batteries if he wanted and wouldn't have to keep track of the dumb cord.

Edit: looks like the pnuma's came down in price a hair at least. Used to be $200 MSRP.
How long of a battery life did you get out of it?

How long of a battery life did you get out of it?

Less than a full day if you do an all day sit and need it on the whole time. Maybe make it through a day on the low setting? It's not long. It's a little battery - that whole battery choice is the weak spot of these things. I imagine a guy could get some kind of adapter to use a bigger battery. This thread reminded me to email pnuma and ask for the plug spec. Probably just want to make sure a bigger battery doesn't put out too much more juice than the one that comes with it for reliability?

It was still just way more comfortable than the fleece one I got so I think it may be worth the headache. Layers get thick in a hurry and its nice for electric heat to reduce bulk rather than add to it.

I haven't used my Pnuma many times yet, and never at zero or below temps. I'll wear it if it's in the teens and may not even turn it on for quite a while. So running it periodically at low or medium range I think it'd last at least half a day. Usually when I'm gun hunting I have a kid with me, so last year I gave the size L to the kids and got an XL for myself. We usually sit in box blinds that don't have windows and are open to the cold air and some wind. I'm 5'10" 170 and the L was skin tight on me over a thin t-shirt.

Last year I bought my Dad the Milwaukee heated sweatshirt. We have mostly Milwaukee things so the battery compatibility was a plus. He returned it thinking that it didn't have enough heat, but I suspect he wasn't using it correctly and had too many layers between the heat and his body.

Last year I bought my Dad the Milwaukee heated sweatshirt. We have mostly Milwaukee things so the battery compatibility was a plus. He returned it thinking that it didn't have enough heat, but I suspect he wasn't using it correctly and had too many layers between the heat and his body.
Everyone I know that has the Milwaukee jacket loves them.

Whats the specific problem. Don't want too many layers on your arm bow hunting? Want something to keep you warm while you take a break stalk hunting.

I generally bring a plain old camp fleece blanket with me when I rifle or muzzlelaoder hunt from a stand. If a part gets cold cover it with a wrap.

I’ve used a Milwaukee heated jacket for years. Just bought my wife a vest for Christmas.

With the jacket I can’t wear it above the lowest setting. But it goes on over a base layer then I use a down vest over it and a heavy jacket over that. Kinda gets bulky which is why I went with the vest for my wife.

I keep a spare battery but haven’t needed it. But I don’t sit all day so…

Got a heated padded seat today to go in hunting chairs. Excited about a toasty butt. Ha

I bought the Milwaukee heated jacket, my suggestion is to buy one that fits a little snug, then you can put something over it. The more you have to insulate, and keep the heat in, the warmer it keeps you. I hunted in single digits, and stayed toasty. On high, with the jacket, and the hand warmers on high, the 3.0 battery lasts about 3-4 hours.

I have a Gerbing heated jacket. On high it lasts a couple hours and is just enough to keep me on stand but not hot. It's only 6 or 7 watts though, so nothing powerful. I only use it in archery. I've considered buying more batteries so I can use it longer, but most of my evening hunts are only 2 hours.

I used a heated vest under my outer jacked this year and I think it is a game changer.
I went with one from Tidewe, because it uses a standard USB plug for power, which means any backup battery I already own (I have 9 or more) will work to power it. Definitely do not get one with a proprietary plug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a pnuma.

At first thought it was great.
But don't think so much anymore.
Maybe get 1-2 hrs of slightly noticeable heat. Have 2 batteries so I can swap. Guess it does take the edge of.

Not sure if I'm just expecting to much. But feel it could do better.

Find where is shines for me. Is ice fishing, kinda nice when going without the shack and sitting on a pail.

Early season when Temps are 65-70 then drop to 40s at dusk. Nice to walk in with very few layers to avoid to much sweat, and then just turn it on in the last 40min.