All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to end all the Transfers from QDM site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MoBuckChaser

Just wondering.....

Time to start fresh!

I think the majority that have been here since day one, no leave of absence or otherwise, are happy with the influx of new members that are contributing with helpful or otherwise interesting and positive posts. Don't like what one or more of them have to say, use the ignore feature.

I think the majority that have been here since day one, no leave of absence or otherwise, are happy with the influx of new members that are contributing with helpful or otherwise interesting and positive posts. Don't like what one or more of them have to say, use the ignore feature.

Funny, I figured as much!

And I love the fact that you took the word Assholes out of my thread title!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this about the transferred threads or the transferred members? Seems the op is about threads, and the response about members.

If it is time to start fresh, then it would also be time to wipe the slate clean with the QDMA giving them another chance, and to not call them Assholes. Don't think that is going to happen.

That place is now 100% off line no content is there, they wiped it all clean, QDMA just told ya'll to kiss their ass and thanks for the $$.

Any one of your peeps that keep a membership are mindless sheep.
ted-nugent-5.jpg

Well, since I'm probably the target of this thread, I should probably respond. I'll do my best to keep it civil.

1) QDMA closing their forums may have been the right decision for the organization, but in my opinion, it was not in the best interest of the mission of QDM. I no longer support the organization as I have in the past.

2) With those forums closed, I personally think the mission of QDM is best served by some other forum becoming the de facto leader and place to go for folks sharing their QDM experiences and for folks new to the addiction to get sound free advice from folks with hands on experience to offset the "magic bean" syndrome created by all the marketing in the food plot industry.

3) I saw the greatest danger being the distribution of the great experience based community that coalesced on that site. I include in that great experience base the folks who left and started this forum. In order for a forum to become that de facto go-to place for QDM information, it requires several things. A core of experienced folks dedicated to regular use, a critical mass of total users, a dedication to provide the hardware/software growth path that keeps the site responsive as the user base grows, and enough exposure in the search engines so that new folks quickly find the forum rather than getting sucked into forums and web sites funneling them into magic beans.

4) I chose to come here because this site was the least commercialized with a good base of experienced core users. John assured me that he has the resources and commitment to grow the site to handle a growing user base. While there are some great folks trying to start fledgling efforts, it is very hard to achieve sustainable critical mass and get past the tipping point and have a plan to fund growth without a lot of commercialization and advertising. I chose to place my focus here because I thought it had the best chance of success, but I still wish them the best with their efforts.

5) There are several purposes for transferring threads from the QDMA forums. One is providing on-line access to an important body of QDM information provided by forum users over a long period. The second is help grow this site. For every registered user on the QDMA forums there were many lurkers. As folks begin to start their programs and run into issues and remember reading something, they immediately go the search engines. My hope is that archive of good information on a variety of topics transferred here will eventually cause this site to rank higher in searches.

6) The references to QDMA are simply the proper citation of the material source, not a tribute to that organization in any way.

I am happy to stand down anytime I hear from the site moderators or John that what I'm doing is not in the best interest of this forum. I understand change is difficult for some. When new kids come to the sandbox, it can ruffle the feathers of the regulars. I also realize the way this forum began caused it to initially be regional. I'm hoping the regular forum members see the opportunity for growth as benefitting them. Some will and others won't.

I'll do my best to be less threatening as we go forward. That doesn't mean I won't defend myself or positions, but I'll avoid being baited into personal attacks. I've got my "big boy" panties on.

I've said my piece on this subject. If you disagree, that is fine.

Thanks,

Jack

I don't think anyone really minds you having lots of threads & discussions Jack, thats the point of the forum, but having QDMA in your thread titles causes me to be less inclined to click on them.

Mo Buck and Stu.. Haven't seen a post from either of you guys in a while. I am chuckling!!! I kinda agree with you.. seems awkward to have all those posts. Glad to hear from both of you!! I will have to take a pic of the trees Stu.. They are massive now!!

I don't think anyone really minds you having lots of threads & discussions Jack, thats the point of the forum, but having QDMA in your thread titles causes me to be less inclined to click on them.

You got that right!

That is ok. I don't feel it is right to quote information and not provide the citation. Folks like you who are well established don't really need most of them. They are more intended for new folks searching for information using search engines. There are some folks here who have responded to some of them.

There are a few that I'll keep alive. Those are threads where I've been documenting progress on certain things and I started the threads myself on QDMA and will simply add to them over time here.

I also realize that I really pounded the site with threads. I wanted to take advantage of the small time window we had left to extract information. I still have a few left on my computer that I extracted but haven't posted, but 95%+ of what I planed to transfer has been done.

Thanks,

jack

Let me chime in. Sitting in a rest stop on the way to farm. Only 15 hour to go.

I don't particularly want to see "QDMA Forums" mentioned in threads long term. I haven't requested it be ommited for selfish reasons.

Every time "QDMA Forums" is typed on the site it is picked up by the search engines. Some where out there are a few good guys that don't even know "QDMA Forums" has closed.

So when they type "QDMA Forums" into the search engine habitat-talk shows up closer to the top in the results they get back.

I for one would like to see site longevity. To have that we need a base of people interested in the affliction we have.

So selfishly I want to be a choice when guys realize they got canned at the "QDMA Forums"

"QDMA Forums"
"QDMA Forums"

Over time I'm sure it will phase out but for now I hope you tolerate my selfishness.

"QDMA Forums"
"QDMA Forums"

No please don't replicated my use of it on every stinkin thread.

I just typed in QDMA and they are still showing the forum loud and proud on google search. So they must still be paying the big money to be at the top. Habitat talk is no where to be found. So I dont buy the theory one bit......yet!

bill.png

I just typed in QDMA and they are still showing the forum loud and proud on google search. So they must still be paying the big money to be at the top. Habitat talk is no where to be found. So I dont buy the theory one bit......yet!

Go to Bing.com search "QDMA forums". On my phone we come up on the first page.

Google will take much longer.

Just tried google search, HT was #9.

Bing? What the hell is that?

Stumped me again, what is a AOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.