Am I missing something here.... Spring Plots

That makes sense for sure Jack. Never thought of it that way...focused more towards farmers. What is LC's logic for the rotation then? Was it just a seed size and weed control issue as powder mentioned?

I won't speak for Paul's reasoning. There are plenty of threads and places he spoke for himself. I will say than in my opinion it has a bit more of a northern focus but it is a great system.

Thanks,

Jack

From my understanding there were a few things he was trying to accomplish. The main reasoning was more tonnage, less chance of a failure due to multiple species, a smorgasbord for them to choose from and a year 'round food source. It also had the additional benefit of replenishing certain nutrients so it lowered fertilizer costs.

With that said, Jack is right in saying you should read through all of Paul's (LC's) threads. It may take a while but it's well worth it. By no means am I an expert but what he said makes a lot of sense to me.

I won't speak for Paul's reasoning. There are plenty of threads and places he spoke for himself. I will say than in my opinion it has a bit more of a northern focus but it is a great system.

Thanks,

Jack

Thanks Jack.

From my understanding there were a few things he was trying to accomplish. The main reasoning was more tonnage, less chance of a failure due to multiple species, a smorgasbord for them to choose from and a year 'round food source. It also had the additional benefit of replenishing certain nutrients so it lowered fertilizer costs.

With that said, Jack is right in saying you should read through all of Paul's (LC's) threads. It may take a while but it's well worth it. By no means am I an expert but what he said makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks Powder. I have indeed read most of LC's threads when they were on the QDMA forum. It's ben a few years though. I am still trying to build the OM in my plots and adjust the pH. I think it will be many years before I can try anything besides rye and buckwheat. My goal has always been to get to a point to try the LC rotation, and indeed to rotate the rye and brassicas as LC advised and as you see recommended quite often. Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Jack

And I felt he had more of a southern focus, comparativly speaking! Some of his guidance just does not fit the north country,.

And I felt he had more of a southern focus, comparativly speaking! Some of his guidance just does not fit the north country,.

Ha! North/south is all relative! :)

For a more Dixie focus, google Dr Craig Harper

Lotta good stuff for southern sandy soils

bill

I can see that. I think his general approach works reasonably well for folks with similar goals in most locations. However, I think it fits best at his location. The further you get from there, the more modifications to his approach help.

Thanks,

Jack