Acorns disappeared

ncstewart

5 year old buck +
So I planted all my DCO's in root makers and put them in my hobby room two weeks ago. Went to check on them yesterday and they are all gone. Y'all think that is a pack rat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packrats or mice. I get mice in my cars and truck. They will rob you quick if you leave something out.
Bummer for you. Start setting traps!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If they're packrats use peanut butter for bait and cover it with tinfoil. The are attracted to the tinfoil then smell the peanut butter and try to get at it.

Ok. I guess I'll try that before planting my SWO.

I don't have issues indoors, but squirrels can be a problem for me outdoors where I have too many trees to practically protect. It turns out that they are territorial. I'm starting now preparing for spring. After trapping and baptizing a few, I should be good for next spring.

Thanks,

Jack

I've never had a problem inside either. I have never found mouse dropping anywhere.
Well didn't take long for it to find poison and judging by the bit marks its a rat for sure. Maybe I will have better luck with my pears and chestnuts.

Little bastards take over feed,seed,car engines, tractor cabs, tree tubes ,etc if not controlled

bill

They stole every chinkapin and dco I had. I looked around and found them all piled up! I wrapped my grow setup legs with foil lids like what comes on serving containers and problem solved. They can't climb them and the room has 40 decon chunks in it and a pan full of baking soda, sugar, and flour equal parts. The little bastards can't fart so they bloat huge and die. I use it around the house as a safe alternative to poison and its highly effective. You will see where they eat it like crack, then run off to die. They don't get very far.

I guess you have to protect your trees regardless of where they are!