A Suggestion for Food Plot Forum Participants

Semisane

5 year old buck +
Hey guys, when we're talking food plots it sure makes sense to know where folks are located. If you're not showing your location why not fix that now?

Click on your screen name in the black bar at the very top of this page, then scroll down to fill in your location. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.

Couldn't agree more. Growing season make a world of difference.

Also, I think speaking in reference to last/first frost dates could potentially reduce some of the confusion. Most seed providers provide their planting information in this way, so it should be pretty easy to find that info. I know down here in northeast Texas, our plantings can sometimes be a month to a month and a half behind you northern guys, but the weeks before last frost are typically very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, when we're talking food plots it sure makes sense to know where folks are located. If you're not showing your location why not fix that now?

Click on your screen name in the black bar at the very top of this page, then scroll down to fill in your location. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.
Can I give this post 10,000 likes?
I've been preaching this for years on more than just this forum.
I'll say it again...Location should be a requirement to post. Not an exact address but at least a zone or state.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some of us plot in different states. Some of us don't want anyone to know where we plot. Some of us don't mind telling where we plot. I say leave it up to the poster to give what area or region.

Some of us plot in different states. Some of us don't want anyone to know where we plot. Some of us don't mind telling where we plot. I say leave it up to the poster to give what area or region.

Perhaps a USDA plant hardiness region would work in this instance...? I'm in 7b, and that could be 16 different states. Doesn't narrow it down much region wise, but it does give an idea of different planting times.

It get's a little tough exchanging questions and advice when you have a guy from Florida (for instance) interacting with a guy from Maine and neither guy has any idea of the other guy's zone to consider.
Once again...nobody is asking for your address or even your county. Even if we broke it down into general geographic region would help sort out input in our conversations.

It get's a little tough exchanging questions and advice when you have a guy from Florida (for instance) interacting with a guy from Maine and neither guy has any idea of the other guy's zone to consider.
Once again...nobody is asking for your address or even your county. Even if we broke it down into general geographic region would help sort out input in our conversations.

I understand fully, but some guys just don't want to say! Most of us are pretty good about saying where we are plotting, just dont want it on our Avatar. Just the way it is....

I understand fully, but some guys just don't want to say! Most of us are pretty good about saying where we are plotting, just dont want it on our Avatar. Just the way it is....
I understand. But I'll bet they are a small minority. Most guys freely divulge their general location, or their state or their hardiness zone in a thread when asked.
Maybe, when someone registers for this site, that they be strongly encouraged to include at least SOME level of location, and the reasons why it's a good idea to do so. It's often very important to know. Especially in the foodplot or plant ID threads.
Hey, I like to be helpful. It's in my nature. But it's kind of pointless for me to give "North East" type of advice to a guy in Texas. Nothing says I can't still try to help people of other regions but knowing where we GENERALLY practice our habitat practices and hunt is a good starting point in threads.

The advice you get is only as good as the information you provide. No one needs GPS coordinates. General area and USDA zone will cover the 95% case. If you are unwilling to divulge that, just realize that any advice you get may or may not have value.

Reactions: Tap
Just because some guy gives his zone and state, doesn't mean his advice could be any better than a guy that doesn't give his zone and or his state.

I use iPhone cause I don't have a computer and I don't see how to do what y'all are talking about. Any one tell me how to do it with iPhone

Honestly, I have to laugh at the reluctance to show one's location in a forum in which one is interacting with others of like interest. GOOGLE knows your location, every time you buy something on line that web site knows your location, all of your creditors know your location, your phone and Internet provider know your location. Anyone who wants to search you on the web can find your location. Most of those entities know more about you than you know about yourself.

Just because some guy gives his zone and state, doesn't mean his advice could be any better than a guy that doesn't give his zone and or his state.

Come on Mo...We are suggesting that the advice for zone 5B in the central US may be quite different than advice for zone 7B on the coast or 9B. Only you can provide the "right" answer for all folks regardless of where they are located. :rolleyes:

Just because a guy lives in your zone doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is doing! Just the same that a guy that lives way out of a zone knows what the hell he is doing either. You have proven that over the short time you have been on here.

Just because a guy lives in your zone doesn't mean he knows what the hell he is doing! Just the same that a guy that lives way out of a zone knows what the hell he is doing either. You have proven that over the short time you have been on here.

You can really take a useful suggestion that someone thoughtfully put forward and twist it to fit your own agenda.

Semisane,

Great suggestion. Don't let the naysayers dissuade you. I hope most folks follow your advice!

Thanks,

jack

Thank you Yoder. I have no problem with naysayers. They make me think. (Though they usually make me think I'm right. :) )

Reactions: Tap
Honestly, I have to laugh at the reluctance to show one's location in a forum in which one is interacting with others of like interest. GOOGLE knows your location, every time you buy something on line that web site knows your location, all of your creditors know your location, your phone and Internet provider know your location. Anyone who wants to search you on the web can find your location. Most of those entities know more about you than you know about yourself.

If you don't , Semisane will send his avatar creature after your ass........

bill

Yeah man. That's Rosco, my Gatormckaw

Anyone know how to change this on a phone and not computer?