a new buck on my land I call Zeus

scoot52

5 year old buck +

Any thoughts on age to a buck I just got on cam I have never seen before. I have passed on a few smaller bucks this last week. Its good to see they made it through the main gun season. Scoot

Nice buck

He's 4 or older I'm guessing??

Another dandy-you have any luck with those other bucks you were chasing?
Is your property a mega buck magnet or something. You constantly have studs showing up?

He's a dandy for sure.

That right front leg looks gimped up.

The knee appears to be pretty large and the shoulder looks "thin".

That right front leg looks gimped up.

The knee appears to be pretty large and the shoulder looks "thin".

I noticed that as well. Nice buck I might bump him up the hit list if I saw him just for that reason. Lots of deer survive injuries, but I am sure a lot dont.

Is your property a mega buck magnet or something. You constantly have studs showing up?
Dipper, this buck I call kickers I passed at 15 yards twice because I had in my mine it was only crabclaw or the rutster or nothing. I am truly blessed to have these guys around but of my 40 acres 22 is designated as a sanctuary with one doe bed hinged and two to go. Its my west end and I don't go in it during the season. With that being said next year I am getting more aggressive to kill one of my top two bucks. I tried hard to stay on edges. Scoot

Also I just noticed his leg also, man that stinks. I can hunt a few more days and hopefully he shows up. Can't imagine what he would have been next year without the injury. Scoot

That inflammation could have been there last year too. He could have just sprained it as well. There is alot of possibilities. I sprained my ankle in August and the right side of my ankle swelled up to the size of a baseball. it appears he is putting weight on it and moving it. Just because he looks skinny doesn't me it's because of the injury. Every freaking buck is skin and bone, they just went through the rut. You think that buck is so sick he can't hobble out to a field and stuff his face? That's crazy, You guys freak out way to quickly.
Your call dude if he is a shooter or not. He will be a giant next year. I wouldn't just shoot him because of that swelling.
I'm not ripping on you, so don't take offense. Sorry the sturgis plan didn't work out for you. he is the original deer whisperer in my book. I'm sure you still got something's from him.
You think your other bucks made it?

If I saw that buck this year I'd be shooting. Hell I would've shot him if I saw him last year. Nevermind my ramblings I come from the land of the spikes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd dump him too. Scoot actually owns property that gives wi it's reputation.....

If I saw that buck this year I'd be shooting. Hell I would've shot him if I saw him last year. Nevermind my ramblings I come from the land of the spikes.
Hey now! I resemble that remark.

Scoot what county are you located in?

iowa

Dipper, no I didn't get a shot at those other big bucks, I did pass on some nice 3 year olds though, next year I am going to get more aggressive at the right time. Scoot

I would say 4 and maybe older. I would LOVE to have that guy hanging around on my place!