A Meat Wagon

Semisane

5 year old buck +
When you get too old and out of shape to be lifting deer onto the back of your ATV you get smart and build a meat wagon. And it's going to be mighty handy next year for hauling seed, lime and fertilizer.

I actually got a lift for my ATV. It works off the winch. It works pretty well. When you release the winch, it comes off the front of the ATV and lays on the ground. You drag the deer on it, buckle it in, and retract the winch. The gizmo then picks up the deer and sets it on the front of the ATV.

Here is the one I got: http://greatdayinc.com/products/atv-accessories/powerloader/

I did have a cart but I found there are places that it is hard to maneuver a trailer when retrieving a deer that I can easily drive an ATV up to. The down side is that it runs about $300.

Thanks,

Jack

Great job semisane! Looks handy.

I actually got a lift for my ATV. It works off the winch. It works pretty well. When you release the winch, it comes off the front of the ATV and lays on the ground. You drag the deer on it, buckle it in, and retract the winch. The gizmo then picks up the deer and sets it on the front of the ATV.

Here is the one I got: http://greatdayinc.com/products/atv-accessories/powerloader/

I did have a cart but I found there are places that it is hard to maneuver a trailer when retrieving a deer that I can easily drive an ATV up to. The down side is that it runs about $300.

Thanks,

Jack

Good thing you got your lift bought already, It would be $900 if your tax plan was put into place! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be $900 if your tax plan was put into place! LOL

It is all relative big fellow. Any tax adding to the price of goods is offset by the lack of income tax. It doesn't increase or decrease tax. It simply keeps the government from hiding the redistribution of wealth in the tax code.

Let's not muck up another thread on this. Semisane has a great little cart there. How do you transport your deer in the field now that you are old and feeble like me?

Great Job semisane! I built one a little bigger, that I could use to haul other things as well. We use it to haul deer, firewood, trees, water tank, fencing, and the 4 wheeler if needed. We can hook the trailer to the car, then drive the 4 wheeler in the trailer and haul it to one of the other farms to use. I think everyone should have some type of 4 wheeler trailer on their land!

DSCN0871.JPG craig.JPG PICT0327.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: