A little new bone starting to show

Jordan, below is dad with his 8 point. It was scored by a very good tax man and netted 139 7/8 (with deductions). Your deer looks bigger than this one to me:

What a monster 8 NH! I hope your right but I don't think this 8 will sport the mass that your dad's buck has!

That is what I used to think! I hope you are right!

I once drove 200 miles too see a chick back in the day when it was that time of the year!:D

I made some long journeys out of my home range too back when I was of the the mind set of a 3.5 yr old buck:D Some paid off other didn't! But the chase was fun!

What a monster 8 NH! I hope your right but I don't think this 8 will sport the mass that your dad's buck has!

I agree that the mass is better on his, but I'm thinking the longer beam length and a little more tine length on yours might make the difference. Regardless of what it scores, that is a heck of a deer. Those high brows are beautiful.

Speaking of 140" 8's...

and another...

Been hunting the bottom night picture buck for a couple of years. The daylight pics one showed up November 16th at 8:30 AM last year and I had been at work for an hour :(

This one is #1 on the list though...

Whatever you say MO, I can't see any resemblance other than 8 points...

The one in your video looks more like this little guy... LOL

MO What kind of cam where you using?

Great footage Mo! Pretty buck! He looks like possibly a 2.5 yr old! You agree? Or a 3 yr old that dropped allot of body weight??? A lil HD cam with a zoom is much better than these wide angle action cams!

Dang that is a good 2 yr old! Future Boon for sure

Pretty buck! Love those long G2's

Is that cactus Jack? Definitly a unique rack

Yep its Jack. He is narrow but will score in the 150's this year. I have one shed from last year that scored 65" by itself. Don't know how much more he has to gain if we let him go this year.

Only one way to find out! Let him grow:) he may just blow up next spring an put on some inches. It would be tough to do though! Especially with a bow!

They aren't the best pics for aging from. So, please take this with a huge grain of salt, but that looks like a 3.5 yr old butt to me. It could be the angle and such, but that's what I'd call him until proven otherwise by more revealing pics.

Also, he's the type of buck that has the potential to explode. No, not much of a spread and his main beams aren't that long. However, he's working on producing a good amount of junk and his main beams have the space to kick up G4s (looks like he's trying already). I could easily see him spitting up 3-5" G4s and another 10-15" of junk next year. That'd add 16-25" right there, even if he didn't add extra mass or anything else. Not guaranteeing that would happen, but I could see it happening real easy.

That said, if he thrills you as is, kill him and don't think twice about it. If it was on my ground, it'd depend exclusively on which tract he was on. The big one in IL, he'd be given a pass for 1-2 years yet. On the ave sized properties in WI, he'd be my top priority (particularly on the one surrounded by meat hunters and public ground on all sides). The MN property (real good size tract of land, but not obscene in size), I'd think hard either way and would second guess myself either way I went...I'd ultimately make the call based on what else I had to hunt, there.

Anyway you look at it, he's something to be excited about.

Got this one at the new farm. I think he gets a pass this year!

View attachment 1366 View attachment 1367 View attachment 1368
On this one, KILL HIM ASAP. That's a mature buck all day long. He wouldn't get a free pass from me anywhere. Look at how thick he is all through his body and how his neck merges right into the bottom of his chest. If you don't want to kill him, I'll start begging right now to come over and hunt him myself. Beautiful buck.

This is the best youngster I have so far this year. I can't match him to anything last year. I have a ton of pics of him and keep waffling back and forth between 2.5 (God, I hope so) and 3.5. IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0232.JPG

That's a really nice buck Steve

Thanks....I'll be VERY disappointed if he doesn't Boone on me in 2 years. He has everything I look for in potential. That said, they can surprise me in bad ways as well as good ways. On the bright side, between the property he is on and his location within that property, odds are with him that I'll be able to answer that ? in 2 years.

This is the one I am going to try to kill on that property. He's 5.5 and I stand a fighting chance of taking him out, as he isn't the most uncooperative buck in the world. Passed him a couple times last year

IMG_0511.JPG